2 x 6364 or 6374 motors

I weight 190lbs, I have duals on and I run them at 85A’s and can go up any hill no hesitation (I live in KY and some are very STEEP). I run the brakes high and low both at -40 and brakes work really good. Hope that helped. My gearing is 2.78 so that helps with hills too IDK what gearing you have so that might play into your decision on motor size. They don’t really get that hot I can’t tell that much of a difference compared to the 80’s after a hard ride.

1 Like

Awesome man thanks, that might be my move… TB 6355 are only $90 each and I think they will be sufficient if I get my vesc settings right

1 Like

125.decent …build kit boards.

1 Like

I ran the tb6355 190kv all around Seattle on a 10s build. 70amps motor and regen. No issues at all in Seattle. Pulled up fine.

1 Like

almost positive they are the same motor haha

2 Likes

If you need help hollar at me.

1 Like

I don’t find that weird at all, the 6374 size is kinda odd, it’s limited in usefulness. If you want lightweight and small, you can’t go wrong with dual 6355. If you want bigger and more power, or a single drive, then you really want 6380/6384 or 63100. The 6374 is just kinda some middle size that’s IMHO not super useful.

If you care most about weight or cost or size, then 6355 beat 6374 all day long.

If you care most about power and performance, or have a single drive, then the 6380+ are where it’s at.

I don’t really see that large of a niche for 6374. Maybe if you want tons of power but can’t quite fit dual 6380? Or maybe if you’re doing a limited-cost single drive but for whatever reason find a used 6374 and decide to make it work. It’s a limited niche.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Your a helpful dude @Nacho !

2 Likes

It’s about all I’m good at and I try to be positive I do enjoy looking for shit it keeps my mind off my woman :rofl:

1 Like

Happy wife happy life, that shit is real. I’ll keep it on subject moving forward

1 Like

Yes sorry @Jburchett09 we kind of torched your thread but I have tried to find you motors :call_me_hand:

1 Like

No worries… yall are super helpful! Several of these are good options im considering, dont want to impulse buy. Trying to think if I actually need any bigger than 6355, yall are making it sound like 6355 aren’t lacking. And i only have a 12s 5000 mah lipo setup so I really only ride max 8 miles at a time. Thinking that 2 x 6355 would be bulky enough for that type of riding, but hard to not have fomo for a 2 x 6374. its my first time going for a dual setup so im a little in the dark

1 Like

Interesting @b264 . 6374’s seem so common on this site. Actually seems like the most common motor size on this site from my experience, but I’ve only been lurking on here for a year or two

2 Likes

I mean, 6374 is a good size for 220mm hangers. two of them fit perfectly and leave some breathing room between the motors. I’m going to use this on my upcoming board.

2 Likes

Hey man, Im interested in those tb 6374’s. Could you send a picture of them? And do you have a caliper to measure them? I assume they are 74mm long not counting the shaft, but I need to be sure because I only have 150mm between my unik mounts for motors. thanks

Yeah I’ll get you some pics tonight…

2 Likes

6355 is plenty for that setup, in no way you can saturate two of them with what you have. Ive ridden the hills in portugal on two 5045s (they did get superhot though :rofl: )

2 Likes

that’s awesome… thanks man, really good to hear.

2 Likes

Hey :sweat_smile: , we’re back! Yes they are from flipsky but we made them with some changes

1 Like