18s compatable motors

Thats the dream!
I need to keep somewhere in the 30-35mph top speed range, and throw everything else possible at torque. Will definitely share everything about the build in these forums as she progresses! Including any failures along the way!

2 Likes

I hope you guys realize what an insane amount or torque yall are after.

My 18s with 1:4 ratio on those 165kv TB motors and 8" tires…already at an unusable amount or torgue…I am sure if I pull full throttle the tires will just spin until they explode

3 Likes

I’m hoping mine will be the sweet spot for 9” tires all around. 5.5:1, 165kv, 18s. Maybe even go 4wd in the future :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I am going to try some 10" tires on my set up…for lulz…I am fully expecting to hate it. Got some from alibaba

1 Like

Lol I’ve been wanting to! Lmk which ones you get.

1 Like

Il send some pics when I get home

1 Like

I got these lol…again 100% expecting to hate them

1 Like

Haha wonder if they have any off road ones. Those would shred on trails.

1 Like
4 Likes

What torque values does your setup get in the esk8 calculators? (https://calc.3dservisas.eu/) I’d be interested to see how it compares to my current 1:7 gear ratio setup.

Riding off-road, strapped in with snowboard bindings, and trying to rocket up ridiculously steep muddy hills from a slow or standing start… the torque requirements are totally different than road riding, or light trail riding. I can’t see how you would ever have too much :sweat_smile:

1 Like

According to that calculator
73.5 Nm
54.2 ft/lbs

1 Like

Jesus, thats way more than I expected! Whats the power rating on those motors? Have you got a link for them?

2 Likes

6k watts apparently, no link, if you want some DM me

2 Likes

:man_facepalming: It took me way too long to realise you must be doing 4wd to get those torque values from those specs. And now it all makes sense. I want to stay 2wd. So no need to worry about me overdoing it with the torque.

Your motors,
2wd,
1:6,
18s,
comes out to 55.1Nm, (which is only a tiny bit more torque than I have now, and the speed is more than I need)

The goal is to stick to the max speed I like, and stay 2wd. But up the torque and range.

3 Likes