150a bulletproof anti-spark AS150 [Free 3D print files attached]

I got a new job thats taking up all my time. So here are the 3D print files for you all to enjoy :slight_smile:
(See 1st post)

4 Likes

Cool, thanks dude! Printing one now :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Nice idea. If this is in fusion 360 then can you send me step file?

Black is the @murdomeek
Green is the deckoz

To be fair i think both of them need tweaking. The deckoz version is really nice and solid, but only allows for 12awg, and needs something to help align the bits better for a smoother connection.

The murdomeek version I feel needs to be beefed up all around, and especially needs a guide that allows the switch slude to be supported along the whole length of it’s travel. When fully open, it is possible to push the slide in, and the dick for the switch feels like it would be prone to snapping over time.

I think im gonna tweak the deckoz version to suit my needs.

4 Likes

We can shoot these and they’ll still work?

5 Likes

Hey! Thanks for the design! It really helps! As @glyphiks mentioned, the lid was a bit flimsy. I have edited your design a little bit to make it stronger. I also added 2 screw holes to the base to suit my needs.

Enhanced lid:
http(s)://drive.google.com/file/d/1eO9csXdp915Qjc9Ub-9leT0Y56B1NtyA/view?usp=sharing

Enhanced base:
http(s)://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kjd1BKaQUCBO1-0uQFYkP4716Eu2xSG8/view?usp=sharing

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your files! :slight_smile:

How about connect QS8 with 8mm or QS10 with 10mm antispark instead?

2 Likes

the point here isn’t really for max power but for the “bolt action” switch style.

would love to see if you had a different idea. Pics/drawing help a lot to get an idea across.

2 Likes

you seen this?

no but i needed to, thanks. ive been planning a similar one, that would just be a mechanical switch that holds your loopkey, and the matching xt90, and plugs/unplugs it. made a laughably mad max quality prototype and everything.

1 Like

so i finally got around to tweaking the deckoz switch, and I’m really happy with it. Still gotta get it into the build, but it operates far nicer than it’s predecessor.

dickoz.stl (227.7 KB)

16 Likes

Not for nothin’… but I bet that you could break that thing by shooting it with a bullet :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Just sayin’ :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you for posting this!

2 Likes

Did you ever get it into a build? I need this for the build I am doing now. Do you think I can squeeze 8awg wires in there? Guess I will print it and see. Thanks

Yeah with some post print modifications i got it to work with 10awg and it performed really well for many on/off cycles.

My only issue with it was that it let dust into the enclosure, i countered that by putting foam around it inside the enclosure to stop the dust getting into everything else.

Its a cool design, but could definitely be improved.

2 Likes