14s Lifepo4 charger

Looking for a 51.1v charger for 14s lifepo4. found on aliexpress but had trouble checking out there. if anybody knows tips for buying stuff on there that would be great too. looking for a basic laptop style charger with xt60 output. 2a-4a output ish

2 Likes

What country are you inside of?

2 Likes

Should be in NC, USA.

yeah nc, usa

1 Like

do you know where to get a 14s LifePo4 bms too? i was planning on litechpower. com but theirs are out of stock. i was relying on 2 sites for supplies and they are letting me down rn… kinda wished i had gone 12s… seems easier to source

1 Like

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000790255916.html?spm=a2g0n.productlist.0.0.62dc7caexyTsSK&browser_id=995f05c64783474aaab335d6eaf318dd&aff_trace_key=55d173615ab24382b51f4e2838c6d5c0-1625931909653-07640-UneMJZVf&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=tiawgqrgnmqcauzy17b2de60859602e68611f5427f&gclid=&imgsrc=ae01.alicdn.com%2Fkf%2FHd09cae253e894b4888d499ba7ed44d7c8.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg
Not a bms but what I’m using with lifepo4 since safe chemistry and I stay up on it. Cool device. Less crap in the board to go wrong.

Interesting. Do you know how any tips for buying from aliexpress. Anytime i go to checkout it takes me to a page saying…
OOPS!

Looks like your account isn’t authorized to view this page.
But don’t worry - we still love you.

1 Like

Actually just found the same thing on Ebay. Interesting. Is there a CH- or C- like a normal bms?

2 Likes

Dont know what that is. Just plug it in to balance at whatever state of charge

2 Likes

it is not a BMS

it is just a balancer.

2 Likes

Yea it’s just a balancer.

2 Likes

Yea. Hehe. Can I get a heart over here please. For my enthusiasm. I think these balancers and lifepo4 are a pair for heaven.

3 Likes

hmm wonder what happens if you hook them up backwards… oh it has a connector so that should be impossible.

If someone could figure out a cheap cell monitoring system, with a optional display or bt, then you had one of these external active balancers. That would be pretty dope.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a display version for these with a screen and expensive but these have a simple bulb at least. I like how fast simple and external they are. And cheap.

I think even if u hooked backwards be ok

2 Likes

If you’re looking for a brick charger, look for either a 12 or 13s charger and open it up and find the cc trimpot. With a multimeter attached you’ll be able to raise / lower the voltage. i do this for my 10s chargers, decreasing the charge to 41.5V for headroom so i don’t lose my brakes if i go down hill on full charge

Use the xiaoxiang admin app to set the full-charged cutoff voltage down to 3.6V to make it compatible with lifepo4. The app also works as cell monitoring system so no need to install coulometer.

Thanks for that tip. Have you done that with the app before? Im a bit uneasy about my whole battery relying on a app of a chinese company, is it user friendly?

Thanks a lot for the tip, good to know, but I want a normal bms, trying to make my board plug and play

1 Like

Figured out how to order from aliexpress. Quick google search said to try and order from their mobile app not on regular website and it seems to work. So it looks like I’ll just order a 14s lifepo4 brick charger from there. Now finding a 14s lifepo4 bms is even trickier, but I emailed Bestech power. Wished I had gone 12s3p instead of 14s2p because a lot easier to source 12s lifepo4 chargers/bms

alternatively 16s lifepo4 bms & charger are also easier to source.
16s lifepo4 is roughly equivalent to 13s li-ion just dun ride the board rightaway after charging.