12s8p top box enclosure

I’d be interested to see if anyone has used a regular enc just mounted upside down , I have a similar question, I can’t bring myself to use pelican style on a thane board

I use this, not cheap but its pretty good looking and nice quality.

9 Likes

I use this for my trampa build. Holds a 12s2p 10ah lipo setup.

https://www.jaycar.com.au/sealed-abs-enclosure-240-x-160-x-90mm/p/HB6134

Pelican cases would be the better option though

1 Like

From a distance that looks awesome. Do you have any closer pictures? Also what battery set up do you have?

1 Like

Yea it would look shit and really disproportionate haha

1 Like

I use a 12s6p but my vescs are in there aswell. You can check my build thread or my instagram (check the stories there you can see how I modified it)

https://www.instagram.com/creavenger/

1 Like

12s9p 20650 cells in a diy junction box

12 Likes

PVC junction boxes +1 12s10p

3 Likes

This black one is going to fit perfectly in the black hole :smiling_imp:

12 Likes

This is what I used from amazon. It’s a little over sized so 9P may have fit but it would have been a bit tighter than I really wanted.

12S smart BMS on the front of it. So you could also probably put a 13th row of cells in there if you moved the BMS ontop but I wanted to keep more room above incase I decided to put the ESC or other items in the lid.

4 Likes

Dude! What deck is that?! Loooks soooo niiicccee!!! Also sick skinz. Is this a @Sender job? Can’t wait to see this built.
Building an emtb myself atm, went bottom enclosure because I can’t bring myself to top mount lol (go with what you know). Been watching mtb builds closely lately.

1 Like

Custom made 3D printed + laser cut stainless steel

9 Likes

Thanks man! It’s an MBS Pro 97 deck

It had some cosmetic damage on the nose but needed cut anyway so I sent it to Mike and Tim to work their magic. Certainly won’t get any bite on my gear drives now.

4 Likes

I thought it might be. Looks sharp as hell (no pun)! I’m gonna use a comp 95. Hopefully it’ll be a solid deck to build upon. Hadn’t considered needing to modify to prevent bite. Not using gears tho, so might help to make a difference… excited to see this whip in all its glory!! Any recommendations for the hubs? Mine came with twistars which I likely won’t implement. They have the pro version of the rockstar or 5star which I’m considering, but not sure if it’s necessary.
Sorry to derail the thread people!!

I built a Comp 95 for my GF and it works worth the 72T pulleys MBS makes, running Matrix II and 5 Stars

4 Likes

Amazon basics pelican case

7 Likes

Looks awesome man!

Haha it’s really rough up close, we built that thing in a single night

Hell of a tight squeeze

6 Likes

Pelican storm iM2050 fits an 18650 12s8p NESE Pack and BMS perfectly

@Flasher I love that sticker :joy:

4 Likes

Take the rubber out… Just cut the edge of the seal off where the box sandwiches and you’ll love that extra space.