12S2P HP BATTERY @ BHU

Came apart after a lot of prying, pretty much just need to get it started then use two screwdrivers.

INSTRUCTIONS

5 Likes

These little 4 need hold it in the plastic from the inside, careful with your tools it’s a hot area. Maybe cover up the Terms or the Tool.

I am thinking it about trying to use this plastic case but might end up breaking the two down and making a 12S4P. I mean WTF do I own a kWeld for anyways.

4 Likes

Getting thisthis light in a pic took 25 tries

2 Likes

4 Likes

Ok rip the connector out the led thing or just cut those wires off the balance connector. Be careful I ripped that red balance wire off due to unplugging it and removing the PCB before tugging on the other end. Could probably reuse their balance wires but they aren’t the prettiest things so idk.

2 Likes

Here you can see all 13 series/connections needed to attach BMS. the tab for the bottom isn’t visible

Probably best to remove the old ones and use their tabs

1 Like

Are those scooter batteries?

1 Like

Nah they are HP something or other like a printer backup or maybe server. Computer ish whatever.

Scooter packs would be build way tougher and have more than 3Ah lmao

1 Like

for peeps reading through here I have skipped to the most important and useful part of this disassembly video

1 Like

How is that fuse reusable? :thinking:

Looks like a normal old one and done fuse to me

e: Holy shit $20 w/o shipping? This is awesome value for whoever can find a way to fit this in a case

3 Likes

yeah the capacity is a little shit, two of them only giving 260Wh in the space you can normally fit 500Wh but yeah weighting that against $40 and some nice fuses it’s not T bag

oh and that 12S4P is rated for 120A or whatever which is pretty good.

Im pretty sure they just mean “you can remove the fuse and use it for other stuff.”

2 Likes

yeah removable would be a better description of how it is in the battery. Resetting fuses for our application would be dope but those are fat as heck as far as I know

Are those 25r cells?

1 Like

nah LG 1500mah 30A, in the video she said they were testing 1300+

1 Like

I also instantly broke my BHU clippers doing this and still have not found the bit that snapped off.

DO NOT FOLLOW THAT STEP WITH LOW QUALITY CLIPPERS, or at least low quality ones that snap like sticks.

What voltage range are the cells testing out to?

1 Like

I was seeing some at 2.7 and others at 2.8

I have a CC CV I can slowly bring it up with

guess it was fully discharged before removal, in the video they got one with some with much older cells from 2013 as well as one from just a few years ago but mine are both the newer.

1 Like

While I have ordered the all mighty $7 cutters I might as well try an alternative.

Quinn foster does not formally endorse the wiggle method of tab removal

2 Likes

1 Like