12S BMS harnesses: Gauging interest

As you might have noticed, the DAVEGA shop started carrying the FlexiBMS so that people can easily pick up one along with a DAVEGA.

The FlexiBMS currently comes without a harness. JST crimps and connectors are provided so you can always create the harness on your own but it’s rather time consuming and also not everybody has good crimping pliers.

I would like to have the harnesses made and offer as an optional item. I have a very reliable supplier here in the Czech Republic who has been making the DAVEGA cables for me.

I’m considering the following specs:

• 55 cm length
  • 24 AWG
  • silicone insulation
  • one black (gnd), 12 red

(This is just for ilustrating the insulation color. Wire count is wrong.)

Any thoughts on this? The 55 cm is based on the measurements I have done on my own pack. I wonder if anybody has a use case for more than 55 cm.

7 Likes

I’d be interested. It would simplify and give confidence to builders who don’t want to mess around with building batteries or wiring BMSes

I currently have some in LiPo packs and would rather add a BMS to them for convenience, rather than spending hundreds of dollars to replace them with equivalent 18650/2170 cylindrical packs.

If I had a BMS harness to connect my two 6s lipo batteries, I wouldn’t need to remove them from the pelican case on my deck to charge them, I’d just connect a charger.

So yes, I’d buy at least one with each FlexiBMS to suit the packs it was intended for.

2 Likes

Makes sense. Thanks for the feedback. Note though that the harness would primarily be intended for li-ion battery packs so the battery side of the wires would have no connectors. You would either have to add the connectors yourself or cut the connectors on the li-po balance leads and solder them to the harness directly.

1 Like

Or get some balance wire extensions you can plug and unplug for the lipos.

I support this idea. Honestly this is the only reason I skipped adding to cart for now… Looking at crimping pliers and wires like :grimacing:

2 Likes

Absolutely, I hate crimping those little things.

1 Like

:point_up:This

It may not be elegant but it would be a simple solution.

2 Likes

also @janpom if you can make crimped wires for the llt bms im sure a bunch of people would want also

1 Like