121c Aileron - Deck broke and customer service provided a refund

I think your fat ass is splendid! Don’t let these esk8 bullies get you down…

6 Likes

Hopefully op knows how to fall better.

3 Likes

Voided the warranty. Made enough fuss to get refund. Continues to bash on multiple forums. Karma Gonn Get Chu

11 Likes

I did not drill into the deck. Whoever changed the title is dumb

Where does the extra set of holes come from?

@jamie You’re dumb.

6 Likes
6 Likes

The plot thickens

5 Likes

It came like that. Idk why there are 6 per side.

you were just asking last month if it was safe to drill into the deck?

also:

2 Likes

This Instagram picture from 121c’s page shows some with 6 holes. But many others only have 4.

6 Likes

Fair enough.

So the tldr of this thread is:

• user bought deck
  • Deck broke
  • user got refund
  • user tried to repair said deck but it broke more
  • user creates thread and bitches about deck
19 Likes

I mean, this is already well-established right? :slight_smile:

Updated title again. @AgentC27 sorry for the error!

9 Likes

Seems like it lol

Sidenote, that space graphic on that one middle board looks epic ^^

1 Like

Looks like New & Old school truck mount patterns to me, interesting

And basically @AgentC27 you don’t repair carbon fiber by just filling in the Crack or patching it, you first need to remove all the damaged carbon fiber strands which run from the crash to wherever it can, you don’t know before your sand the coating down.

Check carbon bike forums, when they Crack and need repair, the hole left after damage removal is huge! And that’s where you start patching for repair.

I actually did sand it down, but probably not enough. I’m not rly that mad about it cracking after my “repair,” but it shouldn’t have cracked in the first place.

1 Like

Also, I was asking how to drill into it but it cracked while testing, I didn’t get the chance to drill.

1 Like

Yea it shouldn’t have, that’s why they refunded you

Is where it cracked the same place you started sanding? Maybe you hurt the integrity

If a bit of sanding caused a deck to crack then it would have cracked without the sanding too lol

I know we love to circlejerk and defend companies near and dear to our hearts, but honestly I just appreciate the PSA that 121c decks are not actually invincible.

10 Likes

Yea, definitely. :sweat_smile:

What’s uncool about this thread is how it’s implied at first that the deck had a catastrophic failure without warnings. Now, we are still missing some facts I would like to ask @AgentC27 :

• What were you doing precisly when the first crack appeared ? I would be tempted to push the deck to its limits personnally, especially when you look at their ad where they drive over it with a truck.
  • Have 121C mentionned a possible defect on your deck ? What was their explaination ?
  • Can you share a photo of the whole deck ?
4 Likes

Idk, it seems like his whole family has an issue with cracking decks

1 Like