121c Aileron - Deck broke and customer service provided a refund

Yea but I know some communities are stricts on ‘’ doxxing ‘’ rules. :sweat_smile:

It’s just been posted anyway haha

3 Likes

i mean, if u are trying to find true identity of some internet person, then yea, don’t do that.
but i’ve only punch in “121c alieron snap reddit” in google, and that’s the first link :joy: hardly any effort

7 Likes

Lol if you got a refund already, tried to epoxy it, and then snapped it, it is bazaar that you would make a thread about it

18 Likes

Having forced @BenjaminF to drill one of these for a client, I can tell you that they certainly can be drilled but this material is pretty intense & requires some planning.

If you use the wrong bit type you can absolutely damage the integrity of the CF. It will also eat most drill bits for breakfast.

8 Likes

I stand corrected! :slightly_smiling_face:

OK, How about this then:

121c Aileron - DO NOT BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU

3 Likes

@brown5tick i retitled the thread to make it more accurate.

11 Likes

Love the super accurate and descriptive title

2 Likes

I mean, if anyone wants to test some theories on this excellent little deck. I have one hanging on my wall that I’m not gonna use. I’m 200lbs or 90 kg and didn’t snap it. (also didn’t drill it so perhaps that’s where I went wrong?)

7 Likes

This thread is a prime example of how you can’t just coerce us into vendor slamming lol

Man came here complaining and got kicked off the island

11 Likes

Am I the only one completely unsurprised that someone ran into issues trying to drill aerospace grade carbon fiber? This stuff is sheet scrap repurposed from JPL & Co. :joy:

Doing homework on a material before drilling/cutting it is always wise. Measure thrice, cut once, etc.

What’s weird is he posted this on Reddit 2~ weeks ago, and then decided the refund wasn’t enough and needed to continue to try to slam them on another site? Feels a bit entitled and salty at this point.

17 Likes

No I’m not really surprised either. I get the same vibes lol

3 Likes

So what did he drill exactly? Did he redrill those holes or add the ones where it cracked? Or he moved the trucks forward for more kicktail and snapped it from the leverage and drilling?

1 Like

this it seems.

6 Likes

cat-war

9 Likes

I think your fat ass is splendid! Don’t let these esk8 bullies get you down…

6 Likes

Hopefully op knows how to fall better.

3 Likes

Voided the warranty. Made enough fuss to get refund. Continues to bash on multiple forums. Karma Gonn Get Chu

11 Likes

I did not drill into the deck. Whoever changed the title is dumb

Where does the extra set of holes come from?

@jamie You’re dumb.

6 Likes
6 Likes