10S Battery Questions

whatcha gonna do with those a123’s

Pack output use standard 5.5 bullets.

Soo, the bullets aren’t outputting voltage. On PSUs, you short some pins on the various control/output header. Any ideas which ones might be the best to try first?

I’ll get my shit together later and google. Just a thought if there was a cheap easy answer in the community.

1 Like

:man_shrugging: Science them?

2 Likes

“powerwall max before there were powerwalls” @Scepterr is good at figuring unknown bms’s out

3 Likes

lol I figured out 1 BMS…

@Arzamenable can you see what the main IC is on it?

2 Likes

from the emc vnx manual

haven’t been able to find an emc bbu repair manual

from a vnx firmware upgrade bulletin. bbu self test?

2 Likes

So, that 10 pin connector is a atx power connector?

Can I jump them like a 20 pin psu molex to get it to power on?

3 Likes

bump any progress?

10pin atx would makes sense - and would be the conclusion i would draw if the bbu is hot swappable & interchangeable with the psu’s in the server chassis, but i’m not sure if that is in fact the case

10pin atx contradicts that facebook guys report about the four pins at 3.3v

2 Likes

Later today Ill play with it. In the end, I’m cutting the bms out. Case is going to hold ride and charge and I’ll make a typical Eskate pack out of it.

2 Likes

i figure everyone ends up discarding the bms on this, but I harbor hope that this is some kind of really smart bms. like, with uart output of p-group voltage, coloumb count in/out, charge/discharge rates, and multiple programmable alarms/alerts. these features aren’t economically feasible for a skateboard, but are in the ballpark for a high priced server

thanks for sharing mike

1 Like

@sesat You can have bms. I didn’t mangle it. Send address.

It works. Lights changed status as I started clipping p groups.

5 Likes

@deucesdown was right about the can being positive and the potential for a shoulder short is on the negative side.

Can confirm, Sparky!

I’m going to make a 4s12p pack for spot welding and other 12v fun.

2 Likes