[WTS - UK/EU] Brand New Hummie DS enclosure !

I’ll swap you those sk8 motors for some lightly used (under 50 miles) 192 sk8 motors.

2 Likes

Unfortunately SK8s are too big for the build I’m now working on, sorry man!

2 Likes

Can you run those sk8’s at full speed/full battery with some known values in vesc to find out the actual kv?

By that i mean, for example my setup. 18/60, 50.4v, 152mm wheels. Motors marked at 170kv, but running full throttle says just over 68km/hr which esk8.calc tool determines as 185kv (so, motors are 185kv in reality)

1 Like

Vesc tool has a command for outputting measured motor kv I believe. Might be just kv

1 Like

I have found that command utterly useless unfortunately

Motor needs to be running at full rpm i figure. At this hour, neighbours can not only hear, but feel the damn jet sound these make

3 Likes

Should be able to do this later today!

2 Likes

I calculate them to be 147kv and 151kv, although I guess I should have probably run multiple passes spaced apart to get a more concrete reading!

1 Like

Full, 100% battery?

1 Like

No 43.8v on a 12s, why? I feel like it shouldn’t make any difference what voltage the pack is? (As long as it has decent charge!) The pack I used to do it this is about to be reconfigured to go from straight flat pack into a split under mount MTB so it no longer has a charge port attached :joy:

1 Like

Well, that changes the maths a bit. Can you run full throttle while sending “kv” in the terminal?

1 Like

Do elaborate, im interested as to why? Man if you can tell me how to get the kv command to work in vesc tool…it returns 0… I am probably missing something as i havnt read the docs on it!

1 Like

Well, it calculates the actual rpm/volt which is the kv, but it needs to spin at maximum duty to be a good estimation.

Also i somehow hope these are closer to 160kv because i need to crack 60km/hr with boardnamics geardrives but not go faster than 70

Edit: easier to screenshot the vesc tool page at full throttle and divide erpm by magnet pairs by voltage lol

This is what I did but just at 50-60% duty cycle :joy:was on a call at work whilst doing it and didnt fancy accidentally mutilating myself :grin: (it was mounted to a bn geardrive plate that I was holding on to the truck with my other hand.

1 Like

I have a feeling they will be, i did check a few duty cycles and as duty cycle increased so did kv.

1 Like

Dear lord there’s geardrives already delivered in the uk??
By the way, how does the keyway allign with the key and motor pulley when mounted?

1 Like

:eyes: Errrr no…maybe…

I havnt mounted these motors with any pulleys, today was the first time they have been mounted or even had datection run :blush:

Wah wah, both coming in @ ~140kv, maybe a touch more but not a lot, that comes from a few full duty cycle tests this morning but still at 43v!

One thing that did surprise me, reasonably quiet at full duty cycle compared to what I have seen!

3 Likes

Oh damn, can’t use this kv for the speed i need, sorry for wasting your time :frowning:

1 Like

No worries was good to find out :blush:

1 Like

FSESC & Hummie w/ DS SOLD

Prices dropped!