WTS - Complete TB based build $2200 discounted [SOLD]

Unit bias doing it’s thing :grin:

2 Likes

me too yo

Doge be on a dip, currently

2 Likes

Didn’t you also have 8inch MBS wheels on this board at one point? Guessing you use the 270mm boardnamics mounts? What’s the ride like with those — (wide turning, agile?), range, current battery setup?

1 Like

I had 270 boardnamic hangars and mounts on the first gen TB40. It was alright, turning wasn’t the greatest.

These TB 280s with 25D in the back and 45 up front feel a little better. Plus this new TB40 deck is WAY better lol

3 Likes

My brothers mate is In to crypto, got in to it a few years back but not heavily invested till now, hoping for big things plus he mostly knows what he’s doing, it’s his full time job

Look at his portfolio balance

2 Likes

Those hangers; are they the standard TB cnc trucks with longer axles? Or is this a completely different product? @Skyart.

2 Likes

it is a new version and the axles are the same I am fairly sure.

srry dex

5 Likes

@Fosterqc is correct, these are new hangers, they are beefed up, 22mm wide I believe or 7/8" they use the same type of axle the older style did. the axles on the back are also 1/2" longer to accommodate the pulley

2 Likes

Thanks you two! I’m looking at @skate420’s build and potentially pulling the trigger on grabbing it, just wondering how much work it would be to turn into a pneumatic build if I want to go that route. Do you think the standard 220mm trucks would work with pneumatics on this deck?

2 Likes

this is a similar build i sold last year it had the regular 220mm hangers and i ran bergs without a problem. im sure bigger tires would work too, if you use the TB AT kit you will need the extended axles for the back for sure

3 Likes

Perfect thanks. Sorry to ask about another sales thread in yours. This one is ballin, but not in my budget. Else I woulda jumped on er long ago. I hope someone grabs this, as it’s likely the nicest build for sale atm. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I actually think they would be good for colder climates. I’ve been wondering how cold the battery gets, with some clever design I think a heating circuit could be added to cruise and not worry in the winter. Like some clothing heating elements, but also maybe terrible idea and fire hazard lol.

Having a heater in the middle of the battery seems kinda sus, it could easily melt the shrink wrap or something then you have battery bits spilling out everywhere. You’d probably be better off having the battery and ESC in an oversized enclosure so you can have a pair of fans cycle the air around and the ESC will keep the battery from freezing

1 Like

Not a heater in the middle, at the enclosure edge to fight cold creeping in. A temp sensor would be good in the core and the edge. For it to be effective it would still probably need insulation which might be getting into a single use winterized build. Still think battery temp sensors are nice for cold weather either way.

Yeah having temp sensors is very nice, if the heating element is a little distance away and you have airflow I think it would be okay, although it’s probably easier to just insulate the enclosure

1 Like

Pretty much thinking of making a cozy for my enclosure haha, could slap a heating element between those and run it at like 20c or something. Temp sensors are so cheap I feel it would be a great value-add to any battery build to plant one in the middle and side. Never heard of tracking humidity too in a battery that would be awesome, but something like the dht11 is probably too big to sandwich between cells.

It be sold!

4 Likes

@xsynatic :kissing_heart:

1 Like