[WTB - USA] 12s D140 BMS, charge only okay!

As the title says, if anyone has a D140 12s BMS they would be willing to sell I am interested. Not trying to buy through LiTechpower (I have had good experiences with them, just don’t want to wait 1 month+). Thank you!

Zip code: 28480

2 Likes

@BluPenguin might have something

2 Likes

@eBoosted sells them

1 Like

I am looking for a good BMS for 12s too.
What does he mean by the below quote (I get losing brakes with a full battery but I am not familiar with what bypassing discharge means? Cant you just set the charger to fill up to say 90%? Why does your charger ever need to discharge?

"This is a charge only BMS with discharge bypassed.

Why is discharge bypassed?

There are some benefits by wiring a charge/discharge BMS mainly to protect the cells of overcharge and overdischarge, but it also has a really big disadvantage, you might loose brakes during an emergency braking if you battery is fully charged. For me life is way more important than taking care of cell life cycle. This is why I build all my boards with BMS for charge only."

AFAIK cutout from braking is usually the fault of the BMS not the ESC. High discharge BMS’s take up more space. Adjustable chargers are not as cheap compared to fixed ones.

I trust my VESC cutoffs to protect my battery under discharge. I also trust myself to build a quality battery that does not become unbalanced under repeated, demanding loads. I would not trust a “blackbox” ESC that has no user configuration. Hope that helps!

I am actually super new to DIY so a lot of those terms are going over my head. Is there a good guide you’d recommend that is for beginners? I have watched so many videos lately but most of them are just the how to plug things in together stuff and not the details of what is actually happening.

1 Like