WTB Single Drive ESC

Did I hear heatsink :eyes:

2 Likes

Barmen! 1 universal single-ESC heat-sink for my friend over here!

2 Likes

I wish I had a single version or some way to do single. I am building two single drive boards rn that would benefit from a lil heatsink. I can always make myself a custom one, but would be nice to stock a single, I bet @b264 would be happy

2 Likes

You could always just saw in half your current model :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I’ll for sure look at those vescs. I was looking at a guy selling a FOCBOX 1.6 for 100$, do you think that would work well? Also where can i get one of those heatsinks

I don’t see any issue putting a single ESC on a dual heatsink. More cooling! Plus you can put the BMS on the other side.

2 Likes

Yes, my daily driver is a single FOCBOX 1.6 with external heatsink and a TB6380 motor and I am fat (220lbs / 98kg) and I abuse the crap out of it, daily, for years.

The external heatsink is important, though. It will work otherwise but it will thermal throttle without that.

1 Like

What battery do you have? What motor do you have (mount as well for curiosity)? What settings are you running?

Edit @Bordboy

I should post some updates in here.

Mostly that. LiFePO4, TB6380, enertion mount,

settings
mode: FOC HFI

motor current max 100A
motor current min -48.5A
battery current max 29.2A
battery current min -20A
absolute maximum current 150A

throttle curve
25%
-5%
polynomial
7% deadband

max wattage 1.5MW
min wattage -1.5MW
Fault stop time: 85ms
Duty Cycle Current Limit Start: 90%

voltage cutoff
start 34.8V
end 33V
BMS hard cutoff 24V

Control Type: Current Hyst Reverse With Brake
Positive Ramping Time: 0.40s
Negative Ramping Time: 0.20s
Max ERPM for direction switch: 2894 (2.0mph)

max 100000 erpm (34.5mph)
min -100000 erpm (-34.5mph)
erpm limit start 70%
1 Like

Guess I should of tagged OP lol. But thank you Brian lol.

1 Like

LoL I couldn’t figure out who you were asking. Whoops

1 Like

Smoke you another homie lol

I’ll let this go for $160 shipped within the US, can add connectors of your choice, or $150 as-is

I’m running that 10s battery i posted about a long time ago. Forgot how many packs, metroboard removed the info from their web page :angry:
Has a 6374 turnigy, and I’m planning on pairing with a new boardnamics gear drive
I use a VX1 remote, so those maytechs might not work well for me

According to a statement of one person they should run just fine with the lates FW and uart receiver/remote combo. Never verified that by my own, so I better don’t call it a fact.

Got a focbox to sell if you want

You can run the VX1 in PPM mode and then you don’t have to worry about it.

Also, was surprised to see @b264 running his focbox at only 30A battery current. :open_mouth: I have the focbox in my friend’s board set to 50A, and brother’s single drive board is using a trampa vesc at 80A :laughing:

1 Like

I prefer when you break the things and I just keep skating :rofl:

1 Like

That is true, my focbox did die from running it at 60A… in my defense it had its temperature sensors broken :laughing:

1 Like

Zesc Warrior 6

1 Like