WTB Custom enclosure

I may be willing to let my gen 2 enclosures (eboosted ones are gen3) go for cheap. They may not fit perfectly but its nothing some silicone and bolts can’t handle.

2 Likes

Making a decent enclosure is really a lot of work. Hence why one offs aren’t common.

@glyphiks is a skateboard hoarder, he may have one of these and definitely has the skillz.

But the motivation / inspiration maybe not - he is a busy dude and it’s a lot of work so would be very expensive for one enclosure only. Probably not worth it…

I vote that you learn and do it yourself :+1:

Edit - or buy from LHB👌

6 Likes

It can be done with a trip to wal-mart and leftovers laying around the house. It just takes a lot of patience and elbow grease. But it can be done with blue tape, a block of wood or stiff foam, a good belt or orbital sander, bondo fabric and glass resin from literally anywhere (walmart, auto-zone, a boat repair store), and some parafin wax like you might find in your girl’s candle stash. Get ready to hate the smells and do a looooot of sanding and resin reapplication. A week later you’ll have a solid enclosure and a lot of pride.

6 Likes

on the right is an og LHB Scarlet deck with a gen1 enclosure (circa 2015). 100% walmart bondo fabric and resin.

4 Likes

Yup about 168 hours is a good estimate :joy:
7d x 24h

5 Likes
5 Likes

Bioboards took some notes, huh? :joy:

I always found their enclosure shape interesting… Was it built like that for structural purposes or does the shape of the internals actually match the enclosure? Or maybe its just easier to make that way… :thinking:

Maybe their 4wd options make use of all the space

1 Like
4 Likes

:rofl: i would never have said anything but really, who hasn’t.

on BB’s most definitely. In mine, it was all about cell density and maximizing space while leaving clearance for inboad 6355 motors. so… yes… on both. Truthfully there’s really only one shape that maximizes capacity on zero flex inboard builds without wheel or motor bite and this is it.

1 Like

@longhairedboy those gen2 enclosures look like they would work but i’m not positive. Do you have any exact info on the dimensions?

Def don’t have one of them. DIY definitely the way forward for something like this.

3 Likes

Awesome list! Add a respirator to it, FG and epoxy fumes don’t mess around.

3 Likes

I’ve been working on something for @DEEIF could be scaled up in theory to what ever size you want.

1 Like

Ok before we go any further how big is ur 10s5p? And what configuration is it in because the deck is only 8.5" wide and looks to narrow down to about 8" below where the trucks mount.

The deck is 9” wide at the widest and tapers to about 7.8”. The battery is 14.5” long and 7.5” wide.

2 Likes

The deck is a 36” btw and the battery+vesc can lay up nicely with a bit of room to spare.

A custom enclosure could get quite expensive and u will most likely need one because of the taper.

It all depends on your budget.

Willing to pay up to $250 depending on the quality of the fit. I don’t need anything crazy like carbon fiber or paint jobs, just abs or fiberglass in a neat little shape.

I’ve got a boxy enclosure that may work.
Internal sizes are. 545mm x 145mm x 40mm

There’s a more shallow version at 30mm.
Currently shipping is bearable at around £23
Enclosures £65

5 Likes

I’ll measure in a moment, but that looks like it could work.