Wobbles 35+ kmh on trampa board

thanks i just set the T:1000uS value on the hall sensor on the 4.1 version is it worth testing out or just downgrade to a lower fw?
im running the Wand so this might effect what i can use?

1 Like

In that case it might be worth to try with the adjusted T value on 4.1. Maybe @rich @Trampa can help further from here

1 Like

going to do a test ride i changed the value down to 1k, but i am running one motor in HFI mode so not sure how much this effects it too

1 Like

well it fixed the issue but now i have another 2…

1. i get a loud screeching sound from the back of my board on startup
  2. i lost just about all of my torque

my brakes work fine, but it has never screeched like this before. all iahd done was set this

i might try running both sensorless tomorrow as it is quite late here. at least i know its firmware related now and not hardware related so thats somewhat a good sign i guess…

Hfi enabled?

on the vesc 6 it is but never made that sound before not that loud either. i only adjusted the MK3 since it is the one with working hall sensor

Going to downgrade vesc tool to 1.28 since it has support for the wand. and flash 3.65 FW on both vesc 6 and MK3

1 Like

Do you have a video of that screeching sound?

i dont unfortunatly its fairly late now as its 9.45pm. i can take a video of it tomorrow night after work or before i leave around 8.30 in the morning and post it here. it is quite loud.

Is it that sound? Go to that post and watch the video.

nope that is normal i know from the HFI mode, it was a literal screeching sound. ill take a video of it in the morning while its on the bench.

My guess regarding the sound is this?

although its only on the foc detection

1 Like

yeh that screeching while riding at low speed from stop to start up

@Trampa

2 Likes

I guess that could be the problem. AFAIK the T value has nothing to do with hall sensors, it affects the Current KP and KI values after motor detection. So you should do new detection on both vescs. I would try it before possible downgrading. Yeah and try once without HFI on one vesc.

Here you see the difference in KP and KI values after detection with the same motor.

T=4000uS
M_before

T=1000uS
M_after

should this work if i try and run BLDC mode instead of sensored?

I would do new detection on the Vesc6 as well with 1000us in FOC, then see if the problem with HFI still exists. If yes I would try unsensored FOC. Best would be to fix the broken hall sensor :grin:

sadly its more difficult than you think, im in an apartment so fixing it isnt really an isse i dont have access t othe proper tools to do so

was hoping to eventually run both motors on HFI mode but its quite difficult to setup

1 Like

Yea man. Ive been struggling with setting up HFI also.

just loaded 1.28 vesc tool and 3.56FW onto vesc 6 and MK3 and it seems to be stable, does anyone know of any issues wit hthis FW version that i should be cautious about? i was able to hit 50kmh without issues of the weird vibration i get past 35 just standard speed wobbles if your not too careful!