Wired throttle for things like mario carts and chopper ebikes

@Tamatoa you gotta give us Aussies a break mate. from calling us weird with our beetroot to calling us outright creepy dudes
@discoursepolice, where the hell did you, go?
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

This is what I used https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CTHVHGM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use that bike mildly often, Works perfectly fine. Only thing to be careful for is that if the wires (between the throttle and Focbox) get cut or disconnected while you’re riding, the Focbox will read 100% throttle and launch… There is prob a setting that disables that but I didn’t care to look.

2 Likes

What frame is that bara? Looks cool.

Thanks it’s a super 73 Z1

Here is the completed bike

13 Likes

That bike is awesome!

4 Likes

Thanks bro!

1 Like

Hey all, i have this ripper and it needs a throttle. Can someone help me with the wiring/set up, hard fo find specific information. I have a throttle on hand. Running a stormcore 60d amd 50.4 volts. Is the wiring diring at the top of the thread applicable to all throttles?

2 Likes

I tried, adc1, adc2, and 5v and 3.3v on my stormcore and cant get vesc tool to recognize the throttle input. Anyone have help?

Don’t feed 5V into the ADC inputs, you can physically damage your ESC.

Did you change “app” to ADC, write the application settings, and turn on real time app data?

1 Like

Roger

Yes, i run the input wizzard and try all of the control types for calibration and none show response.

Not any wizard.

I’m talking about doing it manually. Change “APP to Use” to ADC and write the changes. Turn on “RT APP” on the right side. Go to the ADC area and select the Mapping tab. You should see the realtime input readings at the bottom if RT APP is turned on.

You probably want a “Control Type” like “Current No Reverse Brake ADC2”

Its stuck at 2.8v ~ throttle should be new. Wondering if its a problem when i tried 5v.

Is RT APP turned on?

Yes

Usually applying 5V briefly to the ADC inputs won’t break anything, though that can’t be guaranteed and is out of specification. The ADC inputs are rated for 3.3V max.

1 Like

Could it be a vesc tool version problem?

In the bottom right status bar, are you connected to the ESC?

Ofc

1 Like