Where do you get your battery enclosures?

I’m working on a new project, it’s going to be a street/race board and for the love of god, I can’t find an enclosure anywhere. I need it to be around 30-28 inches long and 8-ish inches wide. Does anybody know where I can find this?

Order of operations solves this

Build your vehicle around a deck/enclosure. Don’t try to find a deck/enclosure for your vehicle.

1 Like

What country are you inside of?

If I can’t find any, I make them myself. If you’re fine with an “okay” result, it’s really easy too.

@Linesflag is right. I really wish I started making fiberglass enclosures a long time before I did.

Also, unlike making batteries or decks or trucks or wheels, the barrier to entry is very very low and you can practically just make one if you want to, cost effectively. It’s not cost effective to make just one set of trucks or wheels or just one deck or just one battery.

USA

2 Likes

Does anybody have a guide on how to make them?

There is one here. I should make one, but I haven’t yet.

I do it a little bit differently.

1 Like

Fiberglass over foam buck works fine, you can also build the enclosure out of cardboard and fiberglass that. Cardboard method benefits more from a vacuum bag setup.

3 Likes

There is a lot of info here on how to make enclosures. The one Brian linked is great, here are some more

Search the word fibreglass and look through people’s build threads as well

4 Likes

Make a foam or wood block roughly the size of you battery + ESC, cover it in smooth tape, coat it in a separating agent (mold release, or if you want to be cheap, paraffine wax from candles works too), get a non stick base (trash bag works too in a pinch), then lay up a few layers of glass fiber and coat it with epoxy. Makes for a sturdy, albeit not very pretty enclosure.

If you want to step up your game, a vacuum pump will enable you to make nicer and lighter ones. Also read the aforementioned threads, lots of great info in there and for a few more bucks your results will improve drastically.

also Kami Juni has some videos of unconventional enclosure builds
https://www.youtube.com/@KAMiJUIN

1 Like

Coming right up.