Wheel and motor bearings grease / lubrication

I use Archoil Grease for my gear drives…Great product!..For bearings just a drop of 3-1 cheap oil (like @b264) until they are rip…They last longer than my wallet willing to pay for expensive bearings…4 years in a board without cleaning or changing one bearings , beach, salty, sandy, wet, etc…I just do not care…Some last longer than others…

4 Likes

Most people prefer Acetone solvent-based nail polish to loosen and dissolve dirt in bearings. But there are other solutions that have been shown to be effective such as 90% isopropyl alcohol, water-based citrus cleaner, and pure lemon juice.
There’s another effective and convenient way to clean bearings, and that’s with the use of Bones Bearings Cleaning Unit which you can purchase from Amazon. It consists of a bottle and a metal rod where bearings are placed alternating with spacers. This way, when you shake the bottle, the bearings don’t bump against one another.

2 Likes

So WD40 is not a lubricant, its a grease/water displacement solution and it will not keep the part lubricated whatsoever. You need a silicone oil for surface coatings on bolts and then a grease for bearings/gears.

Wd40 works great for degreassing the bearings. But yea…please follow up with an actual grease. I use synthetic blue grease for saltwater fishing reels made by penn

1 Like

Lucas Red n Tacky #2 is a favourite around here for gears from what I understand, for bearings I would be preferential to a white lithium grease for lower rolling resistance but there are very many greases you could pack into a bearing that would give you similar results.

1 Like