What were the contributing factors to your injury?

1st: dkp truck flung me off and I landed with all my weight on my shoulder. Caused me to lose the use of my sholder for a few weeks. Lesson avoid dkp truck if you wanna go fast.

2nd: car turned infront of me while I was going ~25mph. I managed to turn at the last second and deflect off the side of the car instead of crashing head on into the side. No major injuries just brushes and road rash. Board was destroyed. Lesson never trust that a driver sees you.

3rd: my own stupidity for running a stop sign and thinking the car would wait for me. He didnā€™t and I ended up crashing into the side of another car. No major injuries as it as a low speed crash.

4th: 40mph crash due to two flat tires. No major injuries just the usual roadrash. Lesson do regular maintenance and donā€™t ride on tires that are bald.

5th: carving and slid out on some random sand that was on the path. Lesson donā€™t carve carelessly in places where you can lose traction.

6th: stupid pedestrian played chicken with me and we both lost when I tackled him at 30mph. No major injuries to either of us. Lesson expect pedestrians to oblivious. If you live in NYC then expect them to also be suicidal.

7th: slid out on gravel at night while riding through a road that was bring repaired. Worst fall so far. Road rash, gravel stuck under my skin and severely sprained my wrist with caused me to lose all mobility in my right hand(dominant) for a few days. Lesson be more careful riding at night.

These were all from cruising around on my transport board. I wouldnā€™t even be able to count the times Iā€™ve injured myself on my mountainboard that I use for tricks or my summerboard. If you plan to do truck expect injuries. Well honestly if you skate then expect injuries. Falls are inevitable.

3 Likes

This was a good one.

3 Likes