What turns you on? Show me your switches.

Rubber/TPU cover for the plug maybe?

I’m all in for a soft switch tho, how come any basic consumer electronic readily offers this function and no one has yet provided any real, 100% dummy proof solution for something both as advanced and basic as a personal EV is above me

Like people are looking at HFI, Lisp, LEDs, FOC, Telemetry, bazillions remotes and all but the first important thing with anything powered is ignition or ON/OFF dammit. That part remains overlooked and the most reliable thing we’re stuck with are loop keys.

Idea : What about making a community pot and hiring an industrial electrical engineer?

No need to support that alone

Make an open source soft match switch project, vote for either a known engineer or a manufacturer, fund the design then have it spread for free use and review or mods.

Doesn’t matter if companies piggyback on it to create a product, more offer for everyone. Free of right, free to use.

1 Like

Could you describe what you mean by this?
For me it means momentary button actuation of a latching circuit that toggles whenever the button is pressed.

1 Like

Exactly this.

Brief push = ON, Long push (I.e. 1 second hold) = OFF

So there’s no risk of mechanical unlatch due to riding vibrations.

2 Likes

I came across this post and for a second thought it said, “show me your stitches”. I would also like to see those, maybe another post.

Running these flawlessly. Spent so much time on them and then chip shortage struck hard🥲

3 Likes