What prevents the electric snowboard?

I think one track with the wedge shape on both edges starts to make it turnable. Then, I’m actually adding some (1 or 2) central bogey rollers mounted on gas struts towards the center to force the lower section of track down when you roll to either side. Hopefully this aids turning as you carve. Especially through loose powder. I hope that drive wheel works in pow and I can just go back to my day job and buy one. If not, maybe my prototype will have value in moving us towards realization of the e snowboard.

I know it’s not going to float forward on its own with this track beneath it. So I’m anticipating a powerful/high speed motor. It’s not going to be a snowboard, just like my eSk8 doesn’t ride like a skateboard.

About 4” thick without the track. The board might sit 5-6” above the surface of groomed snow.

What if you mounted a big jet engine on each side, so you could stand between them?

1 Like

https://youtu.be/l3pa0LRfVBs

But much smaller

1 Like

I’ve seen enough Grizzy and the Lemmings to know that jets on a board (snowboard, hoverboard, whatever) go on the back, and there’s two of them. With two jets on the back using a slightly upward angle, I’ll bet the front would stop diving so much.

And the upward angle makes it easy for backflips, put on some exhaust flaps and you can even adjust your rotation speed

2 Likes

to give you an unnecessary serious answer

Doubles the foot burning, one motor cutting out in a slide would throw you off, the opposite of the ideal central weight for tricks.

I was kinda thinking of cutting a hole in the middle and ducting the thrust backwards/down into the snow.

i think there is nothing prevents the electric snowboard now. there are a few models coming soon.

Do they use jet engines?

no need, just powered with motor which can offer a little bigger power is enough to push you riding fast on the snow

Do they have rocket engines then?

sure no, maybe you can check out SSSBOARD on instagram or pinterest

No thanks; how about here?

i would like to show you a picture, but this forum system said that i can’t embed media items in a post.

You have to interact with the community and read first. It’s so people don’t spam the forum. Seems to be working as designed.

got it, thanks , i just got a message from the system , looks like i can upload pictures now.

So this would probably have a top mount battery like a mountainboard right?

2 Likes

if set a top mount battery pack on the snowboard, the weight will be very heavy and not good for board controlling, also the cold temperature will reduce the range if the battery pack is keep touching the snow.
not even mention the snow water may enter into the battery pack or the ports in some cases. so probably the better way is put the battery pack in the backpack.

my favorite part is that there’s a picture of the snowboard at a weird angle in the snow on the snowboard.

5 Likes