What is the best budget Cnc machine

Machining parts from Delrin for ESk8 has worked quite well for me. From battery holders (no spot welding) to pulleys, Kegel inserts and various other items, Delrin has been great and is easy to machine. Machined part of my deck from HDPE and the enclosure from expanded PVC. All easy stuff to machine, probably don’t need anything larger than a desktop CNC. Also machined my own bushings… It’s been a lot of fun! Good luck!

1 Like

Delrin is a miracle material. So strong, so easy to machine, self lubricating.

2 Likes

You can use a phase converter

2 Likes

Actually, all those can be done manually😉

2 Likes

The Lathe is a wonderful machine. The only machine that can make itself.

4 Likes

Im a pro CNC machinist, i don`t know how much space you have but as soon as you setup a industry machine it will cost money. (space+electricity+coolant+maintanence) So the machine must be fed.

I personally have a DIY CNC machine… i would suggest you to go that way if you don`t want to produce parts everyday.

3 Likes

Could you recommend some DIY kit? Or at least where to start with DIY CNC thing?

I have a shapeoko 3 and have been really satisfied with its abilities for the price. They offer a few models starting around 1,500 and just announced this new model that looks really promising: Shapeoko HDM (PREORDER) - Carbide 3D

2 Likes

Buy a used DIY machine unless you want to start a new hobby for the hobby.

2 Likes

Lol I feel targeted by that :rofl:. Sometimes I forget that upgrading the tools isn’t the goal.

2 Likes

Nice!!! Good to have a pro! Looking forward to some great info!

Actually that’s true, But I don’t have an index table :slight_smile:

I started a new hobby by converting a manual machine to cnc. Which was fun and educational but also time consuming and frustrating sometimes :rofl:

Anyway, if you just want to make parts or protypes without much hassle, buy a complete machine tool or diy kit.

A router is pretty great to make simpler parts, like a workbee or a shapeoko.
@Lee_Wright plug:

Ive also considered an omio x6 router in the past but decided to go the diy way with a hobby manual mill, which would allow me to make more interesting parts.

@Boardnamics plug

@rey8801 plug :smiley:

Here are some topics which mention a part of my cnc build.

Some channels with nice videos on DIY CNC conversions

https://www.youtube.com/c/Clough4

Nice manual machining channel for beginners @frankthedragon

4 Likes

Bro how much for a Bridgeport? And where are you located?

Check out https://makerstore.cc/
They have pretty cheap parts and rails…

But that is the goal… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That thing doesn’t look very DIY except for some pieces. Got a parts list? My DIY is almost there. I just need to have the plates machined to get her going.

This is what I started with… :joy:

1 Like

You should post the final result with the freaking DMG inspired enclosure. Good stuff there :grin:

1 Like

Ahahaha thanks, yeah i tried to create a feeling of owning a DMG… :rofl:

5 Likes