What is the best brand of lithium batteries and lipo?

how good will these batteries be for a 12s?

1 Like

Hrb and gensace tattu packs have done well for me. Those 14ah 6s packs are unbelievably cheap

4 Likes

A123

• 3.3v nominal
  • 2.5Ah
  • 12s1p -> 99wh (similar to 10s lithium ion voltage)
  • 120A 10 seconds at a time
  • 70A discharge for more than a few seconds at a time (can drive 2 motors at 1p)
  • 20A continuous without overheating
  • can charge as fast as you can
  • 1000+ cycles
4 Likes

You trying to fly in an aero plane?

1 Like

If you want performance for maximum discharge and range while being reasonably priced you go with 40t itā€™s top of the line shit. But yeah stupid question

1 Like

U right tho

2 Likes

My next battery is definitely gonna use the 20700b cells he uses.

2 Likes

How many amps have you pushed through those packs continuously?

1 Like

the Tesla million mile batteryā€¦ itā€™s ā€œsolid stateā€, and has got John Goodenough (the inventor of the lithium battery)'s team working on it. Still waitinā€¦!

1 Like

30T all day

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been debating that myself. Build a mtb soon so I may go with those.

2 Likes

Ive been draining my 12s5p 30q in 15 miles so Im thinking of going 13s7p 20700b to combat that.

5 Likes

You are poor

4 Likes

Well lately my rides have been really short. I finally had to charge the kaly the other day for the first timeā€¦made me realize how much I hate my 2a charger!

4 Likes

Welcome to DRV Error Land

4 Likes

Lol lets hope not

The efficiency of 13s is just so tempting. (Focbox unity has been used up to 14s so 13s is just pushing it.)

5 Likes

If you are from Mexico, talk to Alan @eboosted , you might be able to receive a complete battery shipped by landā€¦Iā€™ve got my 12s8p from him to South Americaā€¦

6 Likes

Samsung is best lololol [millennial fire meme]

5 Likes

Depends on what you seek, but on battery donā€™t go cheap man.

For Lipo your best bets are SMC Racing, Maxamps and probably Turnigy Graphene series. Gens Ace Tattu too as suggested already, but SMC is rock solid. @Arzamenable is it you who rock them in race? I forget. One of the Stooge board runs on these if Iā€™m correct.

Headway Lithium Iron if you good enough space for it, A123 Lifepo4 cells or even LTO cells if you can grab some. There are trade off but longevity and reliability are exceptional.

Then you have classic and very good lithium cells, advices have already been given there.

Depends on what you seek.

2 Likes

These are my parts:

Mbs comp 95

Pelican 1200

Matrix 2 trucks

Sk3 192kv (dual)

Focbox unity

Nano x

Probably boardnamics mount

Probably Momentum chain drive 62t-12t

I am looking for a minimum of 7km of range