What is the best brand of lithium batteries and lipo?

Sony VTC6 for the win

5 Likes

12 Likes

Whats the best brand of phones?

Question is stupid

There’s pros and cons to everything

9 Likes

The best thing to do is to look up the batteries discharge and testing paperwork. Learn how to read them and what the numbers mean.

Some batteries sag after a certain amount of voltage is gone, some batteries have more capacity, more discharge capabilities, etc etc.

So a board for maximum range vs maximum torque could potentially use different cells.

My battery in my evo is Samsung 30qs, Best all around cell IMO

2 Likes

I understand your point but there is always a better brand than another.
it is not the same to say samsung that blue or htc

1 Like

In my experience with lipos all have overstated discharge rate but the best ones I’ve used so far have been gens tattu lipos. I know someone who runs 2 of these in series on a mountain board and they’re pretty nice.

I’ve also heard good things about graphine lipos

6 Likes

I’ve been running a set of three 4s 22Ah Gens tattu packs for almost 3 years. They have been fantastic. I even had an accidental situation where I over discharged them, as low as 2.7 volts on certain cells. My internal resistance meter still shows less than 2.6 miliOhms per cell. Voltage drift is completely reasonable, nothing more than 0.1-0.2 v/c throughout the discharge range.

That being said, the benefit of such large packs is that I can keep their charge between 4.1 and 3.7 v/c, and charge 1-2 times a month, riding at least a mile a day.

Dope

6 Likes

“Best” is relative. You need to know what you want.

For example, “best” as far as longest-lasting would be LiFePO4 cells (Like A123) and not lithium ion at all.

So let us know what your goals are and we can make a recommendation. Pick 3 or 4 of these in order

• Range
  • Cost
  • Size
  • Weight
  • Lifetime length
  • Cold weather
  • Safety
  • Resale value
  • Fast availability
  • Sagginess
  • High-current (4 wheel drive / high power)

If you don’t know what you want, then use Samsung INR18650-30Q cells.

19 Likes

Right in the middle for all of it.

4 Likes

I need them to have less than 100 wh each battery (can be several packages), this so that they can be sent within my country, that they last some time and that their handling is not very difficult

1 Like

Less than 100Wh in the entire vehicle, or less than 100Wh in each package of parts for the vehicle?

1 Like

And the lithium titanate cells seem even a step further in cycle life than the iron while with same safety. Generally more expensive than iron but there’s great deals out there

1 Like

of parts for the skateboard
the messenger only allows me 2 batteries of 100wh per box
and maximum 4 boxes

1 Like

When you buy cells, you would get, for example, a box with “50 batteries” and each cell is 10Wh for example

They would not be pre-assembled batteries.

If you fill out the “country” on your profile, perhaps someone might have advice for your location.

You can also buy pre-assembled batteries though…

Im from México

1 Like

Kaly swears by Sanyo cells.

4 Likes

Haven’t felt any sag on mine yet!

1 Like

how good will these batteries be for a 12s?

1 Like

Hrb and gensace tattu packs have done well for me. Those 14ah 6s packs are unbelievably cheap

4 Likes

A123

• 3.3v nominal
  • 2.5Ah
  • 12s1p -> 99wh (similar to 10s lithium ion voltage)
  • 120A 10 seconds at a time
  • 70A discharge for more than a few seconds at a time (can drive 2 motors at 1p)
  • 20A continuous without overheating
  • can charge as fast as you can
  • 1000+ cycles
4 Likes