What happens if oil gets into the motors?

When I had an accident recently my board got drenched in motor oil. Some might have entered one of my motors. Is that concerning, should I open them up and clean them? I never opened the motors up. They are Flipsky 6374. I ran the setup now to get the motor detection results, to see if anything stands out.

The board feels fine when riding, but I was unable to tow a friend up a steep hill. I was able to, before, with the stock Hurricane. Admitedly, I didn’t try towing up that hill since swapping to the Stormcore, so maybe it’s just the settings I have messed up. I will try to play with those today and attempt to tow again.

Probably nothing will happen, but worst case scenario is that you will have sensor problems. If you’re not using the sensors, then it shouldn’t matter. If your sensors are sealed, then it shouldn’t matter. In fact, it would be a good thing.

2 Likes

Depending on the oil and how much you ride, it will gum up with dirt eventually. Nothing too major though, just clean them bit with your next maintenance.

2 Likes