What did you do!?! nkon no more

I have an ABN over here too - I am yet to make my first cell purchase and my mind is swimming like I have just decided to buy a big bag of sweets with my own pocket money.

Who’s buying from who what where and how? Group buy? I’m in? Maybe could buy 100 cells

1 Like

I bet that he will figure out a better way to mail it to north america and will start selling again. To Canada NKON via FEDEX always resulted in all possible fees being applied so it wasn’t as good of a deal as it was in the USA.

2 Likes

Paid 0 fees on 150 cells to Canada in may from nkon, there’s ways around the fees/minimizing them, ended up being almost half the price of the cells I ordered last year from IMR.

2 Likes

I have checked it out, I can ship 200 30q’s to the US for a total price of ±760 euro. I don’t know if that is a good deal for the guys in the US.

1 Like

What if someone could pick up cells from nkon in the Netherlands? Then would have to find a way to ship them out for a not unreasonable cost.

Assuming for that price you didn’t pick up cells in person to save on shipping.

Got a reply from 18650.uk and no luck there, they ship only using UPS ground shipping.

1 Like

You are in EU? Or US

Oh UK I see sorry

Shipping from nkon to me is just 8euro. But the most expensive is shipping over sea.

1 Like

8 fucking euros God damn.

That price is almost competitive. ~$4.17 per cell.

Haha it is just 100km from my door

2 Likes

so when do we see a video of you on your trampa riding to the nkon warehouse and get a stash of batteries and ride back?

4 Likes

Then I need have to first build a trampa trailer. :joy:

I am going to order this week 600cells. That is a total weight of 30kg.

1 Like

@pjotr47 Some people (me included) have simply taken a kiddy stroller that you hook up to the back of a bike and made an esk8 adaptor :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a friend with this.

8 Likes

@pjotr47

3 Likes

Damn I wish my parents had that when I was a kid :joy:.

1 Like

https://www.evwest.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=4&products_id=484&osCsid=0ijaucdrm0er7cum5c1qovf2e6

Ev-west still has there vtc6… $630 for 200 cells… $30 domestic ship.

They are however, unwrapped.

They are based in southern california…pretty reputable im sure you have seen their car builds.

Is one of their builds… at 12:05 jehu garcia gives a quick sales prep for the vtc6 batteries.

His group buy did not go well but ev-west i believe grabbed a bunch of the leftovers

2 Likes

Im about to order a box myself. Doesn’t seem to be anything better for the money right now. Did you figure out how much it is for the cell wraps?

1 Like

It would be cool to get some custom printed. I think there are a lot of things I would want to make the cells in a battery look like/have on it. What if they looked like shotgun shells or something.

You don’t necessarily have to wrap. Most people are using kapton, fishtape, positive terminal rings, and shrinking the whole pack, or p-group subpacks.

It’ll be hairy putting it together though :slight_smile: Need a tidy workspace, and no wearable metals (ring, button, watch, etc).

1 Like