Weird vibrations during riding.

I have been having an issue during riding it feels as though my belts are slipping. Belts look fine so I wasn’t sure what was going on. Just weird vibrations that I’ve never experienced before.

At home, I was able to see that one of the motors vibrates when trying to apply torque. It’s not consistent and will sometimes work perfectly fine. I tried redoing motor calibration, and everything succeeded but this issue still comes up. Does anyone have any idea what’s going on? Maybe a setting I’m missing in VESC tool.

Thanks!

Looks like cogging? Something funky may be going on with your sensors where most of the time it’s ok but other times not so great. Maybe check for signs of wear on the wires or loose sensor connections maybe.

1 Like

I’ll take a look, thanks for the advice.

I do have some spares so I might just swap them out. Hoping its something simple!

1 Like

Naah, looks like nothing :smile:

I encoded it as mp4 from mov. Hopefully, it plays for you now. I haven’t heard of cogging, but it’s nice to know this issue has a name.

Yep, that’s the kind of cogging you get when the ESC cannot estimate the motor’s position. From standstill this is due to bad sensors or bad motor calibration, or your vesc settings might be set to sensorless. If you have a good ESC you might be able to use HFI instead of sensors:

VESC fw6.0 silent HFI testing + experiments