Wedge/De-Wedge Decks

The Lacroix decks have split angles. Probably not what you are looking for though.

their price tag has always kinda kept them out of my immediate thoughts when it comes to parts but im gonna check em out now. do you have any experience on any of them?

goddam this was a nice WTS post, too bad im a couple years late

2 Likes

Omen chief a little bit bigger, and longer wheel base. Looks really good. Never seen these decks before.

Edit: Found out they are pretty much unobtainium.

2 Likes

I will own a clutch zoolander one day.

product_Clutch_Dz_Zoolander_Black__Set_

5 Likes

Skateshred sells a generic blank deck with split angles.

1 Like

Fuck me for giving .builders credit but this was a great thread.

3 Likes

No need! The thread was brought over here to the side of the angels, saved from damnation.

5 Likes

@J0ker thank you for that! i was aware that the angles played a role but never knew to what degree(laugh at my pun). definitely going to go back to further explore those links after i walk the dog.

the diagram at the beginning could be improved though. i got his point but thought it could be displayed a little more intuitively.

1 Like

Do bracket setups count? Technically you could set them to any angle you want.

The Landyachtz R5 was also a weird one, the front was flat but the rear had a crazy angle. It’s been out of production for some time however.

3 Likes

that gbomb bracket setup is pretty wild. is it yours?

Not sure if affiliated with skateshred.

1 Like

Nah it’s a random photo I found online :slight_smile: . I kind of want one though, they’re hyperoptimized for pumping, and you can get special 0 degree torsion tails in the back to improve efficiency so you almost never have to push.

1 Like

I also like to throw the Rocket Rambler into the ring.
I had the stiff version once and I liked it quite a bit, my front foot was too big for its front pocket unfortunately.

2 Likes

Zenit Draft and Zenit AZ!

I think that is this: Zebra Bamboo Inlay Drop Down Downhill Racing Skateboard Longboard
If so it’s made by moose and carves like a dreeeeeam by the look of it. 15°~ tails are my jam.

What’s the point does the angle become too much? I put longboard trucks on the ends of a skateboard (15ish deg either end) and it rides like shit

It’s the same as wedging your trucks but with decreased ride height instead of increased. It’s opinion, but I love it. Also depends what trucks you’re using. What trucks were you using?

Kryptonics 150mm 48deg

Sounds like it’d ride great besides being a popsicle so idk. So let’s say your kingpin angle is at 48. Add a 15 degree tails. That puts you around 63. That’s right around where I like mine. Was it riding too loose or too tight?