Voyage Systems: Megan and Minnie

Does it interface with VESC BMS?

Itā€™s technically possible but itā€™s complicated. Also, the problem with that solution is that the LLT BLE module only allows a single connection so if you get it connected to Metr app, you cannot connect the xiaoxiang app.

4 Likes

Not at the moment but it could be done. Whatā€™s your use case? We donā€™t see a lot of VESC BMS-es around. Does anybody use these at all?

My use case is fairly particular, I build DIY one wheels, and they use the ENNOID BMSs, which are VESC BMSs.

I do occasionally put them in eskates where space is very restrictive, and in each case they are connected via CAN to populate the BMS tab in VESC tool.

3 Likes

Not with that attitude!

Congrats you two, great to see two top talents coming together.

18 Likes

Jan how could you, I trusted you it would be with us forever :cry:

But in all seriousness this is amazing work!

2 Likes

We do support Ennoid BMS. It implements both VESC and DieBieMS CAN protocol. I use Ennoid BMS myself so everything is well tested.

3 Likes

I know, sorry! I tried to convince Roman we should do the snake but he insisted we do screen customizations instead. Obviously he has no idea what people really need!

Megan_screen_customization

12 Likes

Haha itā€™s all good, we appreciate that you tried :joy:

Iā€™m kinda confused why thereā€™s issue with LLT thought, I am running METR and the app and they seem to work together?

1 Like

Iā€™m really glad I havenā€™t bought a Davega yet since the Voyage Megan will do everything it can do and then also includes ride logging inside it. Iā€™m out of room in my enclosure until I am annoyed enough to make a new bigger one so adding anything else that needs to live in the enclosure is not an option.

For the GPS would the user need to purchase a monthly plan for it to work on its own? (when not connected to a phone via bluetooth)

No you do not. There are no associated costs with running the GPS.

2 Likes

The United States government pays for GPS service.

5 Likes

If you want to be able to access that data without being connected (i.e. track your board remotely) you would need cell service and that costs money

1 Like

LLT will still work with Metr app. We just donā€™t really want to propagate the BMS data from Metr app to Megan.

So youā€™ll still be able to see the LLT BMS data in the app but not on the Megan screen.

3 Likes

Will pricing for the Minnie be similar to the old Metr? And likewise with the Magan or are these both higher priced than their predecessors?

The Megan is obviously a 2-in-1 now which i would assume would be more expensive, but as the metr is no longer produced/sold the Minnie seems to be the only option for discrete telemetry and remote management in itā€™s place.

These look fantastic! Hopefully some day I can get my hands on one :slight_smile:

4 Likes

with this kind of refresh rate, I expect to be able to play doom !

5 Likes

I support this!

Okay! But weā€™re not adding more buttons! :nerd_face:

ā€¦ which means youā€™ll need to accelerate the board to move forward in the game. Iā€™m starting to like the idea. We should do it. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Nice guys! Good luck. I will order one.

4 Likes