VESC WAND REMOTE soon to arrive from the future

I’ll chat about that with Benjamin.

5 Likes

@taz @Zach @Andy87 I get your complaints about the price, but there is a reason why we do it the way we do it.

We can not activate Metr functionality on other BLE modules because they are not good enough. They have neither shield nor decoupling capacitors. They don’t have enough memory, enough processing power, enough LEDs for diagnostics. They are not secure and do not have support for loading / upgrading firmware over the air.

To support all those modules with all their shortcomings would mean impossible amount of work for us. We have never had a goal to offer Metr App for everyone. Our goal instead has always been to offer the best experience.

Thank you for the suggestions! :heart:

10 Likes

Index finger control…

6 Likes

can we see the bottom of the remote?

1 Like

Not yet.

Sucha tease. I just wanna see your bottom is that too much to ask :joy:

1 Like

At least take Frank to Dinner first before asking to see his bottom please

Jokes aside this is looking good, probably will get one in the future

These new rise profiles that change online are great, not only on the remote, but for example, integrated in DaVeGa to change profiles with one button

4 Likes

We have three 4 different levers to choose from. Tiny, middle and large + lever for pistol grip.
The lever shown is the large one.

1 Like

4 Likes

Is it natural to brake, with this style of trigger ? I mean… You can’t just put your index finger forward, in order to brake, like normal ?

1 Like

In this configuration you use the thumb to brake, index finger to accelerate. Works really nice!
In most vehicles brakes and throttle are split.
You could mount the trigger allowing index finger braking. We use that in combination with the pistol grip, but for sure it could also be used without the grip.

Presumably the trigger and thumb are fixed together? meaning that if you move the thumbwheel forwards does the trigger move backwards?

Or are they independent?

Together, you can actually role the wheel between your thumb and index finger.

1 Like

Can’t wait for this. Pre-ordered three of these for friends and for myself.

1 Like

I just hope I find enough grip on the aluminum thumbwheel. I am glueing pieces of griptape to all my thumbwheels except the hoyt puck with its grippy metal wheel.

Interesting. I find the Hoyt puck not enough grip for my thumb. I had to add sugru on top. It works so much better for me.

3 Likes

The wheel has enough grip. No issues there.

This is also an option:

4 Likes

very nice remote :+1: order 1 for sure.

Any thoughts about adding a horn to warn people in front of you?

This is a much better trigger

1 Like

@Trampa . I take it the trigger is an add-on ? Do we need to buy this seperatly? And if so will we be able to add this to our order to not pay postage twice ?