VESC WAND REMOTE soon to arrive from the future

Duuuuuuuuuude does this thing have a disposable battery??

1 Like

Duuuuuude you one year too late with this question :sweat_smile::rofl:
People use rechargeable AAA cells thou :wink:

6 Likes

What about the indicator on the Wand itself? Is that centred and moves according to the input?

Yes

10char

Kinda off topic but what is this HFi mode ? What does it do?

1 Like

1 Like

Would be cool if the wand had a NiMh mode for a more accurate battery % on rechargeables.

3 Likes

Over in the OSRR thread, it appears their dongle will work with a wand and has better range.

Any news about my issue report ?
And about the github repo update ?

3 Likes

The code will be uploaded to Github. The issue looks like HW related. What does the throttle indicator say. Is it centred?

Wand FW 1.1 : no issue
Wand FW 1.2 : issue
Is this really HW related ?

If so, WAND HW issue I assume.
So, please tell me how to send it to you to have a replacement one. Thank you.

1 Like

I need to double check how it could be possible that there is a difference in throttle neutral between the two FW revisions.

1 Like

Once the github repo will be updated, I can help you doing that. :wink:

5 Likes

Could you try to switch on the wand with the right button? Maybe you got some CC holding the left button while switching on.

If the current release firmware for the Wand gets posted I’d be happy to take a look and post what I find.

Plenty of reasons a code change could impact how an ADC is read, and looking at the V1 Wand code there is a good amount of filtering happening on the joystick input.

2 Likes

The only difference in between the 1.1 and 1.2 FW is “immediate responsiveness” after switching it on or reboot and FW version display.
The rest of the code is the same. I’ll tell Benjamin to update GIthub.

Nice spotted.
This is the issue.

That leads to 2 concerns for me:

1. Ignore the buttons action at WAND start-up (using the right one makes switch the display)
  2. Add a minimum ERPM for engaging CC (VESC FW side)

I’m really astonished that I’m the only one who encounter this issue so far (finally not HW related :stuck_out_tongue: ).
Would be great if the WAND FW bugfix could be combine with USB update (or even better, OTA update).
This is pretty annoying to update rhe remote though VESC BM.

1 Like

We will ad a minimum ERPM for CC.

1 Like

You are not the only one :sweat_smile:
Just updated my wand yesterday and reported to Frank that with the new FW the wand gets into CC as soon as you press longer than like 1sec the button to start your wand.

Hope that’s going to be changed fast.
Bit sketchy to be honest :sweat_smile:

1 Like