V1Wheel little FOCer 24S VESC onewheel upgrades SHREDWHEEL

Hey, wanting to vesc/foc my V1, can you tell me how you did this so I can ideally do so as well?

1 Like

I mean it’s pretty standard as far as VESC Onewheels are concerned.

Only difference from something like the build guides seen on @surfdado @TheBoardGarage and Fungineers YouTube channel is in the software/motor configuration.

Happy to help you along!

Yes please! What hardware/vesc did you use, and what’s the best settings to start with, of should I try for automatic detection?

1 Like

I tested V4.12 hw based VESC and FW and it would not work at all… So clearly a V6 hw based VESC.

I have heard of Spintend UBOX Controllers not working as well as Little FOCer/Tronic with the V1 motor.
Hoping to hear of someone trying Raiden or legit Trampa HV VESCs

Then the settings in VESC tool we messed with were Hall sensor Interpolation with mixed results.

I can probably pull up a Motor config XML if you want to look at that.

1 Like

@Fosterqc thanks for sharing the TFM pictures. As a motor enthusiast this is really interesting for me. Any idea where I can purchase a motor (or an Onewheel Pint with TFM) like this to do a tear-down?

1 Like

I can give you contact info to get a Onewheel V1 TFM motor for like $200 ish shipped.

There are other transverse flux motors on the market supposedly but they are probably pretty expensive and not as powerful as from the 2014 onewheel.

1 Like

It would be great if you can kindly share the contact info for getting the V1. Thank you!

1 Like