(US) WTB Boardnamics Caliber II Motor Mount w/ Idler Tensioner

I’m trying to track down a Boardnamics Caliber II Motor Mount with Idler Tensioner. I’m specifically looking for the “hole” design not the “slot” design. I spoke with Kevin and he no longer carries this design. Preferably, I’d like to locate a new, unused mount. I just need the arm. I’m willing to pay $30.00 plus shipping. If anyone has this mount floating around that they never used for their build, let me know. Thanks in advance. Have a great weekend.

2 Likes

I thought slot was discontinued and hole was here to stay, but I do have the caliber mount with idlers

1 Like

That’s what I thought too. When my recent order arrived with the slot design, I asked Kevin if he accidentally sent the old version. He said that he reverted to the slot style because he had a lot of people who wanted more angle adjustability.

If you’re willing to part with your Caliber mount, feel free to message me. Take it easy.

1 Like

Okay, I need to get some parts form him, once I double check I’ll PM you

5 Likes

I think slots got a bad rap from every mount before the BN ones haha

It would go a long way if slot style mounts had a washer so it doesn’t eat the aluminum, until someone provides nice square washers with their slot mounts I want index holes

I present to you the superior mounting method, the Black Fox Vernier Index Plate. Get this, a full 80 different positions with only 16 and 20 holes, I think 4.5 degrees of precision is more than enough for a motor mount, and far better than the 18 degrees of precision with BN hole pattern mounts, there is no need for slots

zoom_0

10 Likes

hugo brain .asm

2 Likes

The total number of positions you get is the product of the hole count over the number of screws (which must be a common factor), so if you did 18 and 21 holes with 3 bolts you have 126 positions. Rule is the hole counts must be the product of the bolt count and a numbers without a common factor. Big math moves

5 Likes

You, sir, are a genius.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, my recent batch was made with an old file so the idler mounts will be slotted for quite some time. The non-idler however will be a hole/slot hybrid design.

Due to the way clamping is done, there is no possible way of implementing more holes for more angles. The mounting plate has to be held down somehow. Having that many holes leaves no space for clamping of any kind. It would have to be a welded disk or a press-fit adapter type thing.

3 Likes

Is this picked up from a lathe/mill indexing head/spindexer (may have the name wrong) or is it something different? Very cool

1 Like

Nah, built based on the vernier style mechanical caliper

1 Like

when are these mounts going to be available?

same center distsnces as the old ones?
are these shorter overall?

3 Likes

CTC is 56mm to 68mm. Overall length is 125mm. They will be available in a few weeks.

4 Likes

I will add them to the collection

2 Likes

I’m no longer in need of this mount. Moderators, @xsynatic please feel free to close/lock. Thank you.

1 Like