πŸ”‹ [US] Bulk Battery Group Buy - Gauging Interest

Maybe he’s going the stooge route. Either way I’m down to help.

2 Likes

stooge wouldnt do 24p
he does lipos at like 10ah or something tiny

2 Likes

I’m building a 50mph 100+mile range board because I can.

7 Likes

Yes! Yes😈

3 Likes

thats the way to think

1 Like

It’s the only way!

1 Like

So it seems as though the quantity breaks are based on the quantity of each individual cell type that I order, not off of the whole order in general, which is lame.

That means the cells that fewer people are interested in may not be as steeply discounted.

6 Likes

I think we all need to come to an agreement that if we are building 10-14s builds use p42a and anything over 18s might aswell use 50e unless doing low p count. I dont know why we are even buying anything else at this point. The 50e, I feel like we should only be using p42a

6 Likes

There are certain applications where for space reasons I feel like 18650’s are still alright

But other than that, either 40T for maximum punch or 42a for max energy density/power ratio

2 Likes

Even at 18S I personally still see virtually no argument for storage cells to be used in esk8. I considered writing a whole thread about this, still might, but essentially this Top Gear test of an M3 vs a Prius comparing MPG’s is the thesis to my argument.

According to our lord and saviors data, Mooch:
In the Samsung 50E test

Total energy delivered down to 3.2V at 10A continuous = 12.2Wh

In the Molicel P42A test

Total energy delivered down to 3.2V at 10A continuous = 12.4Wh

So, based on those load measurements, if you run a storage cell board as hard as you can and just follow along with an equivalent P42A board the P42A board will have more range. And has a ton more power on tap like the M3 in the video. That being said, I haven’t built an 18S board before so there is definitely some nuance the math can’t account for.

7 Likes

I mean the fact of the matter is that sometimes people don’t ride that hard, and in that case I feel like the larger storage cell might have the advantage.

2 Likes

under like prob 8p i doubt 50e is worth it maybe once you start getting to really high p counts its possible to consider

@BenjaminF please subtract my vote for the Molicel P26A 18650 for 100-149. I was scrolling back up and wasn’t paying attention. sorry.

1 Like

No… $31 for shipping that includes insurance worth $700.

Which, all things considered, isn’t that bad imo.

only peasants use 50E, i use 35E :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh… thats a lot better! I felt like that was stupid high for shipping. Now i feel dumb lol

3 Likes

No worries. This thread is just to feel out interest. There will be a proper order form if/when I decide to move forward with this. Thanks for letting me know though :grin:

BTW, I haven’t put the amount of cells I plan to order on this form because I am still working that out. But I hope to be able to order a few hundred P42A and P26A for customs, and possibly a bunch of those other cells as well.

I’m willing to ship without insurance upon request, but only if the buyer agrees to absolve me of any liability for a lost shipment. In my opinion, it’s not worth saving a couple dollars so I default to always shipping with full insurance.

5 Likes

if i ever go back to 18650, then its probably my first choice

2 Likes

just a friendly bump

1 Like

Molicel is taking over with 96% of the votes.
:crab: Samsung is dead :crab:

4 Likes