Turnigy SK3 6374 unmounting

I followed this excellent video :

But… 6374 looks like a bit different than 6364 and…

I got stopped from progressing by the very first screw on the Can. Can’t get it off. Never tried again. :smiley:

2 Likes

Ok actually you just have to pull it of push it from the opposite side.

I pushed it… Now external part of deeper bearing is stuck. I can’t get to pull it out. Maybe I need some specific tool but I don’t know how it’s called.

The fan part of strator is a bit fragile…

I will use parts of old smoked SK3 6364 as spares.

What a shame we can’t buy SK3 motors with good 2RS bearings… No matter they’ll be a bit more expensive.

2 Likes

I tried a new method to remove big bearing. Two pieces of wood and a round stone of proper size…

This way I killed only 25% fan-supports instead of 75%… I’d like to buy this part alone it’s weak as shit it may not cost a lot.

Otherwise, it was very difficult to get outer race of bearing out.

I tried to fill it with epoxy then smash with hammer and it didn’t work

I had tu use the dremel to destroy the outer race at four sites and then use a cutter but it may be glued and it was such a pain.

I finally got it done :

Those small bearings were not in really bad condition and I would advise new challengers only to change the big bearing with a 2RS better quality one and let the four smaller ones live in peace.

With my APS 80100 motors, the bigger bearing was killed first too and was responsible for motor failure. It’s easier to changer the smaller bearings with it because they are bigger and less fragile than on 6374 motors.

do you know what numbers that big bearings have? i want to buy spare in local store but dont want to disassembly mine :v

i believe they are 6805 bearings 25mm id 37 od

i hope so, cause i cant find any 38mm x 25mm x 7mm as they said on hobbyking https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-aerodrive-sk3-6364-6374-series-replacement-ball-bearing-set-5pcs-bag.html
only that one 6805 2RS 25x37x7 <- 1mm od difference

1 Like

It’s 37mm. Its annoying that hobbyking says 38mm. I spent quite some time trying to find a bearing in that size.

Also…when i replaced all my bearings in my sk3 6374, I didn’t have to go through what @DavidC did. I could just knock the bearings out carefully from each side. The big one had traces of glue on it though but came out without any use of tools.

2 Likes

I’ve made a wood tool to make big bearing removal easier :

Big hole is for 80100 big bearing removal.

I used a round stone but for guitar players I noticed later that Fast Fret has the perfect size to get big bearing off.

-

@hypocist :

• small bearings : MR128-2RS x2 and MR148-2RS x2
  • big bearing : 6805-2RS x1

1 Like

Same :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

One word: heat :fire:

thank you!

Probably doesn’t bode well for the plastic fan part

I heated it with a burner for few secs (picrel) and that plastic part was untouched

1 Like

Old thread but my haggy motors are the same on the inside. When reassembling the big bearing into the plastic fan thing should it be glued …epoxy or loctite
I could see it had glue on it originally