TRAMPA THE VESC WAND REMOTE CONROLLER & focbox Unity combination

Is anyone using TRAMPA THE VESC WAND REMOTE CONROLLER with focbox unity? I’m thinking of the wand instead of flipsky vx2 pro. I want to know if this combination is possible.

You could probably do some “searching” if you havent already. Last I remember the wand and unity were not compatible. That may have since changed as this was towards the end of last year.

@Trampa @Deodand???

1 Like

It was a firmware issue as far as I know.
With the new FW 5 this may change but you already paged the right people.

3 Likes

With the new FW it should work just fine.

3 Likes

How about the combination with FW23.46?

No, FW5

3 Likes

Yes you need FW5 and an external bluetooth dongle. I may make a tutorial on updating the internal module to be compatible if I find it to be safe/reliable.

6 Likes

I bench tested on FW5/Unity with an NRF dongle the other day and it appeared to function/respond normally with telemetry. Haven’t road tested yet.

2 Likes

I would truly appreciate a quick guide on this. even if it;s quickly thrown together (Yes ive seen your Paint skills and thats good enough for me:D )

1 Like

bump :slight_smile:

What external bluetooth dongle do you need? Using the module it comes with won’t work?

1 Like

Would I be alright upgrading my VX1 to the wand if I simply purchased the Trampa NRF receiver along with the wand?

Did you ever get an answer to this question?

You need a Trampa NRF dongle or a Flipsky NRF dongle with trampa fw flashed to it.

Yes, as long as you replace the vx1 ppm receiver with the UART Trampa nrf receiver, u can also use both.

I recommend taking out your unitys built-in ble module as It sucks.

Stormcores internal ble module is native compatible with the wand, range is not that great though but works. Use it on my mtb setup.