The "Why Can't" Thread

Why can’t we tune a HobbyWing / LingYi ESC via an phone app with all the settings that are similar to a VESCs tunability (but termed more suitably for laymen like me).

3 Likes

For Hobbywing there is an App but that’s for businesses , not consumers. I know there are some ESC’s they make that is programmable via their Wi-Fi Link Product but that’s not for the skateboard ESC’s.

I’m not even sure if the Ling Yi ESC has a BT module on it like Exway and Backfire’s ESC does.

2 Likes

Stritcly speaking from the Android app perspective that’s a Google store limitation.
Long Time i dis not publish an app on that store so some of the things might have changer but you Can only publish one package version. And if you don’t go throught the store to distibute it you don’t get verified licence so the user has to do “advanced” manipulations to be alowed to install it.
One could have packages with incremental James but that’s a cluster Fuck to maintain

1 Like

So that you can’t find out some specs where bullshit

1 Like

But since it’s Android, you could simply install an older package at-will on your own device, if you can find it or make it. (luxuries not available on lower-tier mobile operating systems)

If you really need an older version, you can build it from source if nobody has it saved.

1 Like

Why can’t the Firefly Nano remote have the ability to connect to multiple receivers?
I don’t feel comfortable using split ppm… Seems to kill VESCs from time to time (someone here who knows about this more than I do?)

1 Like

Why can’t my Esk8 problems be easily isolated and solved :expressionless:

3 Likes

Why can’t my VESC 4.12 stop do be a fragile grenade being so close to death by everything you do - Canbus? Better not… any shortage of the phase wires? God beware!

The DRV chip is such a sensitive bit*h!

3 Likes

You should treat those 4.12s as a commodity and assume that it will blow at some point. Better yet, always keep a spare on hand. You never know when you’ll need it

I plan on building like 10 or 15 CheapFOCer2s for all my builds and for testing. Currently only have one board, but in the future would love to do a scooter, bicycle, atv, onewheel. Having bulk ESCs on hand that are cheap will be great because I don’t have to worry about breaking them

6 Likes

FTFY

5 Likes

Can you recommend a remote with a lifetime (not trip) odometer?

In de DIY world I don’t think there is any.
Only ones with an odometer are Davega and infinity logger (and Metr is working on a stand alone logger that also will have odometer I assume)

2 Likes

Why can’t someone make a dual helical Contitech belt drive?

Why can’t I edit posts? No pencil.

1 Like

Why can’t motors be measured by stator size not can size like drone motors are. Seems a lot more useful imho.

4 Likes

Ok esk8 no more fucking preorders that go for months…

1 Like

China stop lying about current output, lumens, laser output, step rate, top speed , pretty much everything.

4 Likes

72Ah battery in a 10s4p 18650 config. for 40€

30.000 lumens on a 10€ flashlight!

fuck yeah

7 Likes

cough
280A max current 4.12 esc!
end of cough

6 Likes

Why can’t a factory somewhere make spot welded p groups potted in sillicone?

4 Likes

… in clear sillicone :slight_smile:

and sometimes I miss @jeffwuneo poping up and telling us about his other factory that happens to be making something very similar LOL :slight_smile:

6 Likes