The typical flux motion build

just did, thanks for your reminding

6 Likes

sounds Abt right

yea i used to feel the same until i realized there really isn’t any additional heat nor elevated cell degradation. in addition, it’s using nickel foil, as opposed to strip, so the current distribution is not a concern. additionally, that’s 10awg at like 3 inch lengths and ampacity at those length is FAR higher than what the cells can continuously discharge.

keep in mind, cells do NOT discharge at max amperage except for very short duration, maybe a second or two, at a time. if you were to view amp draw over time, you’ll see it’s largely at low levels during cruising, and peaks during take off and uphill starts.

this has been my experience so far.

@Cinch if that is a concern, it’d be very simple to solder on some additional wires, the nickel tabs have plenty of space for additional soldering pads.

1 Like

yea i know cells dont discharge near or at max 100% of the time its just principle and what ive learned from riding and building to use mutliple wires for 100% assurance that watever you want to pull from the pack it can do it without fail but i get your perspective.

1 Like

i’m with you 100%, and frankly it looks nicer with enough series wires and just has a beefier look too. i’m PMing with @Cinch to make sure it’s going to work and if not, i’ll be able to help adding additional material there.

i’ve delivered a lot of batteries up to this point, and never once left anyone stranded so we’ll get it figured out. and i appreciate the observation and constructive criticism.

2 Likes

I actually ended up bringing the battery to @jack.luis and he got everything cleaned up last night. As I’m sure everyone is aware, I’m clueless when it comes to batteries.

2 Likes

np and i hope i didnt sound like a dick im just uber concerned and meticulous about how packs should look since we get thousands of poorly made bombs sent from china across all pev types and just dont want anyone to get hurt while riding.

1 Like