The Trampa / VESC battery systems

Without cells, with box, with 2 x VESC 6 = 666Pound + tax

8 Likes

This product has been blessed by Skatan it seems

11 Likes

Don’t think they are proprietary but they are SMT fuses. We just need to work out the part number.

2 Likes

and without the ESC’s?

480 + tax

1 Like

You’re right…my bad. I just checked the Trampa site. Thank you.
So disassemble the pack, locate the bad fuse, unsolder old fuse, solder on new fuse. Tough to do but I guess that’s about the only way to both locate the fuses in a good place and also keep the system small. LOL…there’s always a frakkin’ tradeoff! :grin:

I like a lot of things Trampa has done here though.

3 Likes

Big oof on the price. But I get it. And I do like the option for something so versatile.

What if the weight of the setup sans cells?

I think I found it. extra 2 kg :confused:

Alrighty well it’s super cool. But simply not for me. Awesome to see innovation!

3 Likes

They do not blow.

1 Like

It is not heavy, system weight: 878g

2 Likes

I completely understand the choices made and cell-level fusing is great to see! Making sure they never blow even when the pack is used hard is important and something easily overlooked by other companies.

I always look at everything involved with packs and their design though. If fusing is provided then replacing the fuses has to be considered. It might never need to be done but should still always be part of what we think about.

Thank you for answering my questions and your patience.

1 Like

Ah well your website makes it seem like 2kg

Summary

Maybe that’s with the ESCs and heat sinks and stuff

1 Like
1 Like

1206, a donkey can solder them.

3 Likes

Time for dinner guys!

4 Likes

Hmm…sounds like you guys had an interesting beta testing program! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Can’t wait for that :star_struck:

3 Likes

Ahhh ok. So I had the whole box , not just pcb adds on. Ok thanks. So confusing with all the wonderful options

This looks so cool and i want it, but my build is already done, and my next build is a flux with enclosure, and i don’t need a 3rd esk8, but i want it because it looks so cool :sob:

3 Likes

@Trampa whats the ETA on this?

1 Like