The Stanley Family - 3D Printing Service [US/EU] - Custom Loop Keys - Stuff For Sale

@Mikenopolis thanks for holding my hand through the mod BTW :wink: (Great tutorial video)

2 Likes

I saw that tutorial and it still looks difficult enough for me to mess up. Something about cutting pbc’s worries me. It would be nice to have a new remote case but the stock gt2b gets me by fine.

I want to make the trigger mechanism a bit stiffer though.

Yeah, the battery part is especially sketchy. I actually had the (+) tab pop off due to a crappy battery weld when I pulled the plastic. Had to weld it back on… working fine now!

2 Likes

someone mentioned that my tutorial was dangerous because I didn’t say the battery part could be a fire hazard since you could potentially short the positive and negative…I thought it was a given. But this is the reason phone case boxes say “phone not included” :unamused:

2 Likes

haha, no worries, the fire and electrocution hazard warnings are on the sticker that says “do not dissassemble this battery”

1 Like

Like you mentioned in the description, it really helps to cover the site you are not soldering and a tiny little bit of the site you are soldering with kapton tape.

Btw. thanks a lot for that awesome tutorial!

If anyone in the EU would like someone to print you something hit up @Mainflow

He has a Original Prusa i3 MK3S and currently can print in PLA

3 Likes

Bump, Prints better than before

3 Likes

I’ve been wondering. Why does the gt2b have triple trims? My aps only uses 1

@yelnats8j what layer height did you use to print this?

I believe 0.2

I’d turn that down to 0.12 or 0.16 for rounded parts like remote cases. It will help smooth those lines out a bunch!

3 Likes

And for better prints in eu :wink:

1 Like

4 Likes

If you want proof I can send you a photo of our counter top

2 Likes

Also all the money we make goes right back into the printer.

1 Like

Not offering services, just wanted to brag about how good this is (ABS)

3 Likes

That is super nice, whatcha printing?

1 Like

1 Like