The Green Oni - 4WD Radium, Double stormcore 60D+,12s8p P42A RedEmber

Thanks! I really love that deck, and tbe enclosure is perfect. I was torn between the Xapham and the 44, but the 44 just doesn’t have the same character :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

This green and brown color combo is worth emulating- sweet build my guy!!

2 Likes

Ahhhh awesome write up and awesome build broski. Can’t wait to go skating soon. Its been great watching you learn so much lately #proudmummymoment

3 Likes

Hahah thanks mate! Yeah can’t wait for you to try it hehe. It has been quite the learning journey! Thanks for the help

2 Likes

Update 1, added the custom grip (see first comment)

2 Likes

Grip looks fucking amazing. Finishes this awesome build off nicely.

Any chance u can add future pic updates in the reply too so lazy fucks like me don’t have to go back to the top to see it haha?

8 Likes

Yeah will do that I think :joy: when I install the RX hubs!

2 Likes

Alright, we’ve got a major update!
Finally got around to fit the sexy ass Raijin RX prototype hubs @Jaws, it really ties the whole thing together.

I also added a Robogotchi @DerelictRobot , finally going to get some sweet logs

While I was in there I made sure my phase wire connections were insulated, I’ve seen some issues here before …

I identified that my issues with sensor detection where actually because of bad sensors in two of my motors, @Tony_Stark at radium replaced my motors with new improved ones, higher KV too (245kv) so I lowered my gear ratio by changing to 15T motor pulleys.

Much better sensor cables, and pre glued!

I decided to do individual cable sleeving this time, I like the look!

Should be the last maintenance/ Upgrade in a while if everything goes to plan

She’s complete! You’ll notice the nice burnt blue accents on all the titanium screws :grin: Titanium EVERYTHING

18 Likes

That’s hawt.

6 Likes

Thanks! And it was much easier to fit in the enclosure

Looking awesome! Now let’s get some footage of what this beast is capable of!!

3 Likes

As soon as it stops raining in Sydney… :joy: But having sensors is already a major upgrade!

2 Likes

Just watch those temp sensors still. Ive had nothing but problems with them on three sets of Reachers now. I just disconnect the bastards. Not worth the hassle.

3 Likes

Duncans running the V2 Radium/reachers which have all the sensors at the front of the motor away from the noisy stator and magnets. Haven’t seen any issues with temp readings now :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Me too! Individual braided wires looks awesome. Very nice touch.

3 Likes

Good to know. Cheers. I know where to get my next set from then!

3 Likes

12 Likes

Absolutely sick board man! How are you liking those radium motors?

2 Likes

Thanks bro! The Radium motors are awesome, I had sensor issues on the V1 but the V2 are great, you just need to choose the right KV for your build ( I went 245kv and it was a bit too high for the stormcores hahah)

2 Likes

Sick build!

1 Like