The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

Hi Roman,
i have exactly the same expert screen with the greyed out buttons and dots but nothing else in 2 different modules.
I don’t have flexi, and i also followed your solution in the post above without success.
Also everytime I power up the module i got FAULT: unknown error and then everything continued as it should.
If i use metr to connect to vesc tool app, everytime I power up, after few seconds happens a ble error and i need to reconnect again.

2 Likes

Hi @rpasichnyk, any news about this? The errors i can live with them, they are annoying but ok, the expert tab is something that i really need to be working, is something we can do? My module is up to date, do you need logs maybe?

Yes, I do need logs, please

1 Like

Bug report

I need to get you logs still but here we go

I’ve had similar issues for a while where randomly one side of the VESC will stop responding to input after opening the metr app. The app won’t load in properly I those instances, it’s very weird.

Additionally. The app will freeze if it loses connection with the LLT bms. Until it regains connection the app will stay frozen.

Another one, if you have the real time view open, with LLT bms connected, and you accelerate, most of the time, the battery cell values will pop up like you tapped on them

1 Like

Yes logs would be great, please send them (make sure to send correct logs, new log file every day) to support@metr.at

Hi,
Do you know why there si a difference between Metr Can and BMS values ?
More strange is that the avg cell on main page is 3.68V and if I click it’s more like 3.64V (same as BMS).

V and V per cell information on realtime screen is taken from the VESC, not from the BMS. Some VESCs measure voltage not very accurately.

If you open VESC Tool, you will see the same number (47.9V)

1 Like

Ok great.
Thanks you.

2 Likes

I frequently lose records because I walk away from the board and Bluetooth doesn’t reconnect. iPhone XR. are there any settings I can change to improve this?

Check that you have “Automatic pause” enabled

Records are saved on pause

2 Likes

I tried disabling the Flexi detection, and restarted board + app, it did not fix it. I also flashed the 0.17c FlexiBMS FW, and it did not solve it. I also upgraded Metr Pro FW to latest. I did some digging and my VESC FW is actually 5.02 beta 8. Or 5.2 beta 8, what a mess with the versioning… Metr Pro reports it as 5.2 and the VESC changelog clearly says that we are at 5.0x versions at the moment.

The 5.02 beta 8 used to work nicely with Metr Pro. I would prefer not to upgrade, since two of my previous upgrades both caused ugly face plants due to random bugs, and this VESC FW version appears to be stable. Should Metr Pro support it, or am I forced to upgrade the VESC FW to 5.02 release? Thanks

3 Likes

No, VESC 5.02 beta 8 is not supported. Please upgrade. I should actually check whether or not it is beta in Expert, thanks

3 Likes

Alright, at least there is now a clear reason why it did not work. Strange that it used to be ok, but I suppose it has been phased out.

Thanks for the support! I’ll start working on the upgrade…

2 Likes

@rpasichnyk in the past I could be playing music over Bluetooth and Metr worked without a problem, now if I want it to work I have to disconnect my speaker and restart both the board an the app, did anything changed on your side on Apple changed something under the hood? It’s not that it doesn’t connect, but it doesn’t receive data (no blinking green on the real time screen)

Keep in mind I have the legacy original module

Thanks

2 Likes

Any chance the battery discharge function in metr pro could be made available without motor temp sensor?

Could be? Probably.

Will be? Surely not, out of safety reasons.

@rpasichnyk how does the metr CAN deal with data from two seperate escs? I have a deck running two cheaper focers 2s each with their own reciever and not connected tbrough CANbus as master / slave. If i connectt them through metr pro CAN, will it be able to aggregate data? / what is the approach?

Do you mean the issue only happens when you are connected to your speaker? It sounds weird. Can you reproduce the issue without speaker?

No, the reason being it is very easy to demagnetise your motors by overheating

If you connect both of them to a single Metr Pro CAN, they WILL be connected through CAN bus. Metr Pro deals with dual VESC just fine, collecting data from both.

2 Likes

Yeah, without the speaker no issue, in fact it happens if I’m streaming music over Bluetooth to any device. In the past I’ve ridden with Metr logging, music playing over Bluetooth and also a Bluetooth media remote connected with no issues, will record a log and send to you to see if there is any clue there why this is happening

Yes please send a log

1 Like