The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

Thanks @Evwan !
You were faster than me ^^

1 Like

Ah…updated metr firmware and all works now

In flexiBMSLite expert panel there is a typo. Both values states Max BMS Temp, but the top one should be Min BMS temp.

4 Likes

Feature request

In the records portion of the app.

“Delete all rides shorter than x km”

I have ton of records of 0.01 or so km stardet while dragging my board from place to place. So something that could delete all the rides bellow a set threshold would be awesome.

Thanks.

5 Likes

In the meantime you can sort all records by distance and delete them one by one. I guess multi-select would be very handy here, I would make it higher priority.

5 Likes

Along these same lines, can there be a feature to batch-delete fault entries?

Also a way to adjust the amount of time required to log an OVER_VOLTAGE or OVER_CURRENT fault? I get like 600 if these on a ride due to tiny spikes in voltage or current, usually while braking.

I will also quote the problem here as it seems to be an issue with both systems.

Running Metr Can with SD and GPS on 5.48.
If a log file is required I can PM

2 Likes

Hey @rpasichnyk i love the multi selection feature. Just a small suggestion.

The app should ignore the selection of the item that is pressed when trying to scroll through the records.

As you can see with every swipe up or down, the record where the phone is pressed gets selected or deselectdet. This will cause a lot of unwanted selected items to be deleted.

4 Likes

Agree, will be fixing it right away!

7 Likes

@rpasichnyk
I’m trying to setup my Metr Pro I got a long time ago with a pair of old Maytech VESCs, but I only ever get as far as “Killshot + pairing”

I ran detection successfully with both VESCs connected via CAN using VESC Tool 3.01, no issues there (the CAN cable is good). I made sure App is set to PPM + UART, baud set to 115200, tried with Metr connected to each of the UARTs and neither one ever detects the VESC. I already checked the supplied cable and it tested working. Any idea what may be going on?

I’ve also tried removing the Metr from the app, forgetting the bluetooth device and starting over, and even tried connecting to a single FOCbox and nothing works. I still can’t get the Metr to talk to the VESCs.

Did old Metr Pros become unusable? Mine shows firmware version 3.69 and says “up to date”
log_2022-05-02.txt (129.8 KB)

I downgraded VESC firmwares to 3.57 and everything works now. I guess I need to be able to upgrade the Metr Pro firmware to something newer to be able to use it with the latest VESC Tool firmware. Still not getting any option to do so in the app.

Please try and check metr app again, updating firmware should be possible now.

2 Likes

working!

1 Like

When will we be able to flash FW via metr?

@rpasichnyk
Can you use the apple watch only for displaying or also for changing modes?
Would be interesting to use the watch to quickly switch profiles.

3 Likes

When the cops pull up, like?

1 Like

I was thinking it’d be handy if the records could display the name / note so it makes them easier to search through. I know you can favourite them into the top list, but names in the main list would be helpful.

3 Likes

Something is wrong with the merging records option.

As you can see, when I select 2 or more records, “merge” option is grayed out, when I click on it it gets active, once again click on it and it just deletes the last record. It doesn’t merge anything.

If I undo fast enough I get it back… I lost a few records this way not undoing fast enough.

2 Likes

What app version? Can you send logs?

1 Like

4.16.5 iOS

log_2022-05-08.txt (1.2 MB)

2 Likes