THE CYBOARD | Stainless Steel Unibody | Ubox | Modular 16s6p TM3 | BN-AT|

Have you become the Avatar yet ?

5 Likes

Jesus jack. Good work. Are we going to have to learn to weld too to be relevant here? I can’t even right now.

*watches YouTube how to TIG and MIG”

5 Likes

I have no idea how to weld :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

@jack.luis what’s the wheelbase of this build? How’s the turning radius?

you miss something, welding it’s very satisfying , talent guy like you can learn very fast , mig is very easy for beginner and very cheap to buy , altough tig is a little bit more tricky

2 Likes

@jack.luis How much sag (if any) did you experience with the Tesla 6p pack?

Trying to understand how the 18.5wh Model 3 cells perform in smaller P group sizes.

1 Like

I think @BenjaminF and @Evwan could better answer your question, this board has less than 50mi on it haha

3 Likes

All that work for it to sit in a corner!?

Tldr don’t.

3 Likes

Hopefully in the next month I’ll get it working again haha. Riding it for two blocks was fun

2 Likes

What happened to it?

I disassembled it for my move to Portland, never got around to putting it back together

How disassembled are we talking?

All the batteries are out

Trucks have been salvaged for parts to the point it needs new trucks

I no longer trust the ubox so it needs a new 16s capable ESC.

Also I took the gear drives I think

Jeez man, what did it do to deserve that fate :sweat_smile:

Haha well the Rocinante started falling apart at Carve PDX 2 and that’s when the salvage started lol

The Cyboard is very much a boat and not great for daily riding.

It will return

5 Likes

I have a 12s10p tesla cell pack in Mistfall. The tesla cells are not great for esk8, in my opinion. I only pull 80A max out of my pack (so 8A per cell max) and it still sags pretty hard. In a 6p pack you would be capable of 48A max, or 24A per motor in a 2wd board.

These cells are great capacity cells, but they aren’t magic. And you’re never going to see 18Wh/cell out of them using them in a demanding application like esk8. I’m building myself a 12s13p P42A pack to replace my Tesla pack because I want more power.

2 Likes