THE CYBOARD | Stainless Steel Unibody | Ubox | Modular 16s6p TM3 | BN-AT|

I’m not on enough to guarantee I’ll make the nomination, but I’m sure it’ll be on there. And I’ll vote ya for sure!

1 Like

Haha thanks man. I’m hoping to get it done tonight if I can.

2 Likes

Fuck this. Ordered new ones with holes already drilled.

BOTY2021 here I come!

10 Likes

If you had trouble drilling stainless, be glad you don’t also have to thread them :smile:

Drill press is a nice tool to have.

1 Like

It’s on its way.

Also I messed with the lights and insulated the floor

I placed most of the parts all together to feel how much it weights and…jesus fucking christ.

7 Likes

How heafty are we talking…40lbs?

feels like well over 50lbs :sweat_smile:

EDIT:

more pics to visualize the final result

!

14 Likes

Fuck that’s a chunky board… Will you be filling in the gap by the truck bracket?

Yes, somehow lol

I’d appreciate some input on how I should secure the lid. I really want to avoid any visible features on the external part of the lid. I have spare sheet metal and a way to cut and spot weld it.

Magnets and index pins

3 Likes

Nice, was thinking the same thing. I’m not confident in my ability to execute. Either way I have rare earth magnets on the way

Edit:

Challenge is: How do I align them precisely?

1 Like

I would weld some plates inside the body that you mount to, clamp the lid securely, then drill through the lid and plate. That way the holes line up and you can weld the pins to the holes in the lid and sand them flush. Epoxy the magnets to the body and lid, start by epoxying to the lid, then stick the other magnets to the lid side ones and put a pool of epoxy in the body so the second magnets are left behind at the perfect height and location

2 Likes

This is what I want to do. Gonna be hard, been thinking about it for a while since you suggested

1 Like

Finally mounted the brackets and got a rolling chassis going. Next problem to solve is the god damn lid situation. Fuck. I really need help. Easiest plan so far is a rubber/foam layer on the underside of the lid and magnets sucking it down to the body. Please help me think guys.

Also,

I refuse to drill any more holes in this body/lid. I may order a new lid with build in tabs to align.

Pic dump:

Ultraboard confirmed

35 Likes

Looking good !
How are those bracket holding on ? have you tried jumping lightly on the board ?

Don’t really have an idea for the lid… I’m not a fan of the idea of magnet, doesn’t sound like a solid enough link between the lid and the board

1 Like

Man this is sick. I get excited at every update you post haha.

#BOTY2021

1 Like

Yes, it’s rock solid. Very happy.

I have some rare earth magnets. This wasnt my first choice but I dont know how else to do this precisely. Theres no way to get the alignment perfect. The deck was welded by hand so I can’t rely on the CAD model to be a 100% accurate depiction of the irl deck. I haven’t committed to magnets yet, but its the leading method in my head.

I appreciate that! I always wanted to be one of the big boi builders that people are excited to watch. Been looking up to you guys for a while now.

6 Likes

Looking good!
I would have turned the body 180° though, having the wide part in the rear would make it look even more badass IMO :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks!

That would look cool too, I agree. My reasoning was;

#1 To look like the Cybertruck.

#2 This allowed me to place the batteries in the front for stability.

#3 It’s kinda like a teardrop shape, which is the “optimal aerodynamic shape for any given volume”

4 Likes