The $220 Compact DIY Spot Welder Alternative That Will Change the Game - SEQURE SQ-SW1 Mini

Traditional spot welders lack flexibility. This is one of the most compact welders that look really well made.
https://youtu.be/u0Jwh0HBzJs

2 Likes
2 Likes

Pretty much everyone i have spoken to that’s bought one of these have all said the same thing…

I wish I just bought a kWeld

20 Likes

Just like we have a right to a forum without spam.

12 Likes

really? i’ve actually heard a lot of the opposite
that these with good electrodes (the stock ones are useless) have been better then or as good as a kweld (gets less hot and is silent and produces as good welds)

1 Like

Kinda like the ones that come with a kWeld?

3 Likes

yep
but thats $10 or whatever and then you got a welder as good if not better then kweld

tenor (23)

7 Likes

@sequre If you want people to really be interested in your product you should probably put some miniscule amount of effort into your thread. Also, this thread belongs in the Vendor Corner… imo.

This is a fantastic example of a sales thread:

Yours might not have to be as nice… but youre only going to do yourself a favor by putting in the effort.

11 Likes

This is my nightmare lmao… I keep seeing posts for “IN STOCK HERRINGBONE GEARS AVIO MK2 GEAR DRIVE” splattered all over the forum and i swear it’s just extra torture at my expense. These unfortunately are not in stock no matter how often the thread is revived :frowning:

I wish these were still in production. :sneezing_face: :sob:

6 Likes

I’m kicking myself for not grabbing an extra set of gears to replace them when needed. And we are in the wrong thread.

2 Likes

Since @sequre is here, can you tell us about the firmware this spot welder is running?

From the video evidence I have seen so far it seems like a higher priced Malectrics clone with worse electrodes?

image image

:thinking:

5 Likes

So we have made over 30 batteries with this welder now and can drop some thoughts

The welder is very good, in fact its our welder of choice (over a Maletrics). The electrodes are crap, @BigBen made some tellurium copper electrodes and since then its been great.

It is running the same software as the Maletrics, which is also based on the same open source project that you can find here

I would say that the Sequire is built better than the maletrics, its fanless and it has better leads.

13 Likes

I know about the open source project, that’s why I asked about the firmware in the first place.

Just weird antics to not mention the origin (and it’s GPL3 license) anywhere on their page. :poop:

3 Likes

Yeah that sucks, I didnt realise they never acknowledged the project. I can only talk of experiences of using the device and its been good to us

9 Likes

Its been a good welder to me as well over 1900 welds and workin good. Have issues with positive welds not sticking sometimes but other then that super solid and way better lookin imo then kweld even though ofc looks doesnt matter performance matters.