Tesla 2170 for esk8

i dont know what you mean lol

1 Like

Well it’s like my grandfather always said… sometimes two heads isn’t better than one.

2 Likes

:fu::fu: this 100% i agree. How much you overload your motors through weight distribution in riding style IMO

2 Likes

Let me know how much shipping turns out to be.
I’m in Vancouver, BC and i’m thinking about getting a bunch of these too

2 Likes

I wonder how driving across the border with two boxes of 200 cells would go. Guessing they would show up on the x ray thing.

My parent was saying how even when you drive across the border with two bikes they question if you are going to sell one of them or something.

1 Like

“flashlight batteries officer! There was a clearance sale, but we had to buy it in bulk” :wink:

4 Likes

I’m talking with UPS and following their safe shipping guidelines. Waiting to hear back from them because I can’t drive down and pick them up even if I wanted to because the border is closed for the public.

1 Like

Yeah I was aware it is closed, I was thinking about just how much you save with customs if you had a friend get them across the border.

1 Like

I ordered the cells 2 weeks ago and they’re at ups now. They’re going to forward them to me for $100 :sob: now I get an email. Saying I didn’t have to waste $100… They’re shipping to Canada now. If I call him and he says they’re in stock (unlike the website) then fml :sob::sob: 🖼 Pictures and Nothing Else! - #5527 by moddedlife

3 Likes

DIY Lithium Battery Packs | BigBattery.com | Your Source For Power lololol

haha yeah saw that a second after i posted XD
their search bar really sucks XD

1 Like

NEW GENUINE MODEL 3 2170 CELLS 4800mah – Battery Hookup seems like they have them back on here

2 Likes

I see they lowered the current rating to <10A @Battery_Mooch

4 Likes

I think they just picked 2C as a convenient number for them and that resulted in 9.6A. There’s no practical difference between a 10A and 9.6A rating. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Plaster this everywhere! Unbeatably affordable good quality cells and mooch verified!

2 Likes

just remember they are used/taken apart cells so be careful to go through them first

3 Likes

they are supposed to be uncycled and in ‘storage’ voltage unless the bms/ any other electronic was on and drained the batteries it should be gucci

2 Likes

My theory is that these guys know that people like mooch exist and are not willing to take the risk of getting caught with their pants down. Which makes me believe that everything they say about these cells is true

4 Likes

NO, NO, NO!
I have not “verified” anything (and never will)!!
I even specifically said that I can only speak for the results for the particular cells I tested. I cautioned buyers that these cells are salvaged and all are in UNKNOWN condition!

Sure, the ones I tested performed well but you use them at your own risk. NOTHING ABOUT MY TEST RESULTS GUARANTEES ANYTHING FOR THE CELLS YOU BUY!

Dammit, why the frakk’ does stuff like this keep happening? What do I need to say in the test reports?

17 Likes

Lol I think you’re the only one that thinks this

They’re pretty good for sure, but you still always take on the risk when you buy “used” cells like this.

In addition, there are always chances the ones that @Battery_Mooch tested were two good ones, not like he has time to batch test 100 cells or anything like that

The ones he tested were good, but it’s just a baseline number and I would always encourage to practice safe battery building, storage, and use techniques… I would also tend to ask less of used cells, maybe max them out at 80% of mooch’s results.

3 Likes