Tell me how you navigate!

Portland is just small enough you can just memorize all your best routes. But honestly I find it most fun to not take any route at all and just freeride. My daily commute is 8-13 miles each way depending on route I choose.

Come ride with @SeanHacker and I!

9 Likes

If Iā€™m riding somewhere I donā€™t know then I usually have Google maps with voice turned on and some bone conduction headphones.

1 Like

Interesting, does it work with screen off?

1 Like

Yes. I find walking or bike directions are better if your skating. Plus using bone conduction or open ear headphones means that you donā€™t block or the sound of the traffic and your environment.

2 Likes

I just drive. Esk8 is for nerds

2 Likes

I hope ye fume them with yer good olā€™ Duramax them sk8tards. Road ainā€™t no playground for them punks.

3 Likes

Iā€™m bad at directions

Google maps until I remember

3 Likes

I ask for directions just so i could ignore them :metal: :fire::metal:

1 Like

Wait you guys know each other?!

3 Likes

Jokes aside, I would love to. Im not on Facebook, how does the portland esk8 scene organize?

3 Likes

A little bitā€¦

5 Likes

Rumor is they know each other in the biblical sense.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t been on any of the facebook group rides in a while. But they meet every friday at 7:30pm at omsi. Me and Andrew go riding all around all the time.

3 Likes

Weā€™re in a gang. Havenā€™t you heard?

PM me or him and throw us a phone number. Iā€™m switching over to Telegram as my primary comms, so if youā€™re on there that works too.

2 Likes

My spidey senses.

1 Like