Suggestion's for e mountain board under 2k Serious

I heard a rumour, someone on this forum is designing a new awesome mountain board hybrid deck and enclosure

1 Like

well no nkon anything anymore.

So I’m kinda thinking about getting one of these boxes of 200 VTC6. kinda the best option around at the moment.

https://www.evwest.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=484

yeah why not. I wouldn´t worry too much about either 30q or vtc6, both are good cells for mtb stuff.

https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650comparator.php

2 Likes

Yeah 200 is almost the perfect number of cells for my plans I think. 96 in a 12S8P and two 12S4P or 10S5P

two 10S5P packs would be cool, I could put them in series for 20S experiments.

Why not 30T? true 35 amp cell. mmmm

Because bigger, heavier and more expensive :tipping_hand_man:

2 Likes

The power. They are only a little bit bigger. To be perfectly honest 4k us gets you whatever you want. Personally speaking I would build 2 with that. One street and one off road.

1 Like

And then you would have only one since the wife would steel the other

3 Likes

But you know, at a pack size of 8p plus there is no need for real 35a discharge. Not for a dual drive. Sure you can, just there other ways to spend your money on

2 Likes

She has hers now bro. I am free…
@Andy87 true. Must stop thinking in low p counts

21700 just makes high P packs so expensive compared to the usable capacity gained.

Then again $4,000

2 Likes

Same capacity as 30q but more discharge means less stress and less sag.

2 Likes

Yeah the stress and sag goes into your bank account.

Board comes out great though.

I wonder if nkon will make a comeback. I would be surprised if they faired well reducing their customer base.

2 Likes

True that lol

Arjan is a one man band and maybe his market in the eu is big enough to support what he wants
idk?

Sometimes the strain of over reaching can be counter productive and I would think the US has some pretty strict import laws regarding things that can blow up. Maybe he is just simplifying. Again I don’t know.

I do know he had to partner up with a German firm to get around some things. Maybe it just became unfeasible.

2 Likes